Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
How’s your smog laws over in Maine?
The same as our gun laws. Almost non-existent haha. There's a visual inspection and thats about it. and alot of aftermarket friendly shops
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The same as our gun laws. Almost non-existent haha. There's a visual inspection and thats about it. and alot of aftermarket friendly shops
Oh I heard they did like an annual testing like odb2 plug in test for monitors and such?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just asking because I don’t know how the laws are over there and the single mass flywheel will throw a code unless you disable it with ktuner or hondata

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I was just asking because I don’t know how the laws are over there and the single mass flywheel will throw a code unless you disable it with ktuner or hondata
Yeah that’s true, but even then, disable is only a temporary delete. It’s always going to be stored so it can be monitored. In my opinion the dual mass flywheel is all we need which is what we have, no codes, no issues.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah that’s true, but even then, disable is only a temporary delete. It’s always going to be stored so it can be monitored. In my opinion the dual mass flywheel is all we need which is what we have, no codes, no issues.
No I know how it works I was just explaining it to kshawn in case they do an odb2 dct test where he's at.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Just ordered my fx350 and single mass flywheel :) and not a moment too soon. Stock clutch + bolt ons and water meth= no more stock clutch.

Can't wait to add a turbo kit to my setup!
Where did you grab the single Mass flywheel from? I'm running a fx350 myself but rigid disc on the oem dmf curious to hear your review. First gear is a chattery mofo on this setup I have lol holds great though once youre moving. I also wonder if it will throw any misfire codes

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you grab the single Mass flywheel from? I'm running a fx350 myself but rigid disc on the oem dmf curious to hear your review. First gear is a chattery mofo on this setup I have lol holds great though once youre moving. I also wonder if it will throw any misfire codes
FKXRacing if you DM on instagram he is a vendor for Clutchmasters single mass flywheel. Yes it will throw codes that you can disable using via ktuner or hondata with the misfire disable option.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FKXRacing if you DM on instagram he is a vendor for Clutchmasters single mass flywheel. Yes it will throw codes that you can disable using via ktuner or hondata with the misfire disable option.
Thanks yeah that's a no go for me in Massachusetts can't have any codes not ready for emissions testing unfortunately hopefully other options come out that will work at some point. Just gonna abuse what I have for now until it goes lol

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Contact clutchmasters. They had only a few when I got mine. And damn. I've heard mix reviews on the fx350.. I'll be posting up a review after install and another after break in. Tho this is PRLs thread :topic:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I would of went duel mass if the option was there. I have ktuner and I plan on disabling the code. They just do visual inspections here in Maine. And the shop that's doing the install for me is inspecting it for me as well. There aware of the code that will be thrown.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would of went duel mass if the option was there. I have ktuner and I plan on disabling the code. They just do visual inspections here in Maine. And the shop that's doing the install for me is inspecting it for me as well. There aware of the code that will be thrown.
Dang you guys have it easy with only a visual inspection. I saw that those from Cumberland County is required to do

The Maine enhanced inspection involves the following:
  • All processes described above for the safety inspection.
  • A fuel tank cap test on gasoline-powered vehicles model year 1974 and newer.
  • An on-board diagnostic system test (OBD2) on vehicles model year 1996 and newer.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Dang you guys have it easy with only a visual inspection. I saw that those from Cumberland County is required to do

The Maine enhanced inspection involves the following:
  • All processes described above for the safety inspection.
  • A fuel tank cap test on gasoline-powered vehicles model year 1974 and newer.
  • An on-board diagnostic system test (OBD2) on vehicles model year 1996 and newer.
Oxford county for me xD but even in Cumberland. I've watched my inspection. The guy spent more time smoking and playing words with friends, then inspecting my car haha. I was out in 10

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oxford county for me xD but even in Cumberland. I've watched my inspection. The guy spent more time smoking and playing words with friends, then inspecting my car haha. I was out in 10
Lol just watch when the smog committee sends in fake guys to smog cars that should fail haha. Huge ass fine and loss of smog license

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I'll see how my fx350 holds up going to preorder this kit with a GTX2860R turbo once the pre order goes live can't wait!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I'll see how my fx350 holds up going to preorder this kit with a GTX2860R turbo once the pre order goes live can't wait!
Should hold up fine depending on what gas you use, flex fuel or not, and etc. FX350 and up is recommended for this turbo kit.
Sponsored