ptapec13

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I'm obviously not PRL, but I will chime in. I think the 350 will be fine, take a look at the torque levels. This turbo gets rid of some of the borderline unwanted high torque ability from our stock turbos and trades it for lots of usable horsepower up top.
Okay thanks for the help, I’m planing on eventually getting the big turbo upgrade and just don’t want to waste money on a clutch that won’t even be able to handle the new power, but the car will basically just be my daily with some wanted extra power lol
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can buy anything else you might want or need separately.
No the downpipe is specifically for the turbo kit and comes with it, he’s asking if there’s the option of catted and catless for the included downpipe

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What part of OK are you in? If you have E85 near you, you can mix it to get 93 octane. On an empty tank, put in 2 gallons of E85, and the fill the rest of the way up with 91 100% gas. This will net you roughly 93.3 octane, and about 13% ethanol (we can handle up to about 15% ethanol with no problems).
No E85 either

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No E85 either
I am speculating here but I think you will still see some very nice gains with 91. If I was to take a guess at the number, 325+ whp. PRL can likely offer a more educated estimate though.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It looks like the torque on PRL's "little" big turbo option will be slightly higher than the torque levels on Vit's Stage 2 tune. I based this on a comparison of PRL's and Vit's dynos of the stock configuration, and then adjusted up the torque value on PRL's Dyno charts by +15 (the rough delta between their respective Dyno values for the stock SI, after removing the +5 HP/tq that Vit says his Dyno charts reflect from his PRL downpipe).

That said those levels look like they will come in at around 1K RPM later, so that's something.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
No the downpipe is specifically for the turbo kit and comes with it, he’s asking if there’s the option of catted and catless for the included downpipe
Oh my bad, no you typically cannot. You would have to weld one in yourself. Unless they do that as a service now. They usually do catless always with their turbo kits.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
That would be a shame. The requirement to go catless would be a non-starter for me.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be a shame. The requirement to go catless would be a non-starter for me.
Sounds like the drop in turbo would be ideal for you then since it works with the stock cat. As you increase power like this the stock cat will go to crap quickly. They make really expensive ( but very efficient high flow cats ) for turbo and supercharged cars that can take the new power level and will not melt. You would have to cut and weld one of those in if you wanted to be catted.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonder what the gains would be on 91 octane since that's all I can get around me
You won’t need any extra ethanol to make good power, you’ll make good gains with just 91 itself, no worries. But to the people that can get it and do a blend, they will make loads more.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I believe there will be a catted option for this kit. Just maybe not right away.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m planning to either go full bolt-on PRL with CVT cooler as well on flex fuel, or Big turbo kit with CVT cooler on 91. Which option do you guys recommend to me?
CVT max torque is probably around 250 and under

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports
So how will this work on the CVT? Is it worth to spend around 2-2.5K for this turbo kit knowing that the car has a CVT? Can the torque be limited to around 250 while having around 320hp?
Really doubt it lol torque can’t be that low on these cars with that much whp.
Sponsored