1.5T PRL Motorsports 1.5T Civic Bolt-On Big Turbo Kit Upgrade Results

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Been looking at switching from the w1 to the gtx2860r. But haven’t seen much posted about it anywhere on this site. It’s been a while now, who’s running it and what’s your opinions?
Sponsored

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Been looking at switching from the w1 to the gtx2860r. But haven’t seen much posted about it anywhere on this site. It’s been a while now, who’s running it and what’s your opinions?
Yea it’s strange not to see more posts about it with it being such a big turbo option for our cars.
I also run the W1, but was thinking I’d hold out until the W2 Because I don’t want to switch non-prl mods to prl.
Hoping you find some luck with this though!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you not look at all the prl big turbo that DRob has tuned? https://www.instagram.com/drobimw/
Also all the 10th gen civic facebook groups have more information than here.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think he’s referring to more personal experiences with it, not just dyno charts. But I could be wrong.
personal experience from everyone I see have one is they love it lol. More power and real turbo spool noises over an intake induction noise lol. Better for the engine too since torque is shifted to the right.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I can't speak for PRL but when the non-GESI catalytic converters were phased out it seems they decided to not redesign this kit with a GESI converter and are instead focusing their efforts towards a drop in turbo upgrade for this platform.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I can't speak for PRL but when the non-GESI catalytic converters were phased out it seems they decided to not redesign this kit with a GESI converter and are instead focusing their efforts towards a drop in turbo upgrade for this platform.
Hi Folks!

Two Step Performance is absolutely right! We are going to be exploring a drop in option for a few platforms over the next couple of months. Stay tuned for updates!

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Hi Folks!

Two Step Performance is absolutely right! We are going to be exploring a drop in option for a few platforms over the next couple of months. Stay tuned for updates!
I hope you still got some coupler parts left over from the kits in case current users damage theirs.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any and all input is welcome!

I am a bit confused on one little thing. I bought this kit used and all the info I see on Youtube is from V1. I have the EWG and need some clarification.

The pressure lines that sit on the left side of the car, with the arrow, are useless if you are not using the V1 with the manual WG, correct?
Do I just cap the one off?
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Civic Bolt-On Big Turbo Kit Upgrade Results InkedPRL

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any and all input is welcome!

I am a bit confused on one little thing. I bought this kit used and all the info I see on Youtube is from V1. I have the EWG and need some clarification.

The pressure lines that sit on the left side of the car, with the arrow, are useless if you are not using the V1 with the manual WG, correct?
Do I just cap the one off?
InkedPRL.jpg
You don't use one of the hardlines. I only use one on mine

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag