1.5T PRL MAF housings Si vs Non-Si (What's the diff?)

GerbilsOnAcid

First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
So, this is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyways. I can't find anywhere where someone else has asked this question so I figure it couldn't hurt.

I am aware that the Si and Non-Si have different MAF sensors, but what's the actual difference in the street housings that PRL provides for the Si and Non-Si? I figure they're somewhat different, but could they be different enough to make one not work with the other and vise versa?

I have the opportunity to buy a Si street SRI for my Non-si for quite cheap and I would just like to know if anyone might be able to provide some insight into this and why/how they might be different.
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
So, this is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyways. I can't find anywhere where someone else has asked this question so I figure it couldn't hurt.

I am aware that the Si and Non-Si have different MAF sensors, but what's the actual difference in the street housings that PRL provides for the Si and Non-Si? I figure they're somewhat different, but could they be different enough to make one not work with the other and vise versa?

I have the opportunity to buy a Si street SRI for my Non-si for quite cheap and I would just like to know if anyone might be able to provide some insight into this and why/how they might be different.
Your sensor will not fit correctly.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/si-vs-non-si-oem-airbox.47467/
;)

The PRL Street housings are a copy of the oem maf housings .The race housings are much larger.

I'm actually running a modified Oem SI airbox on my Non Si for about 4months now without any problems. You do need to modify the maf sensor hole to fit the non si maf sensor otherwise it won't work.The SI MAF housing is slightly larger.My LTFT runs around 0% with this airbox ,and STFT is always around that too .So you could use it perfectly fine IF you can modify the MAF Sensor hole and mounting screws.
The SI MAF sensor is larger in diameter so you need to press/Weld in a smaller bushing And relocate the mounting screws.I did this in the oem plastic airbox.Aluminium would have been much easier since you can weld/Glue /drill it much easier.

Last edited:

khimaniz

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/si-vs-non-si-oem-airbox.47467/
;)

The PRL Street housings are a copy of the oem maf housings .The race housings are much larger.

I'm actually running a modified Oem SI airbox on my Non Si for about 4months now without any problems. You do need to modify the maf sensor hole to fit the non si maf sensor otherwise it won't work.The SI MAF housing is slightly larger.My LTFT runs around 0% with this airbox ,and STFT is always around that too .So you could use it perfectly fine IF you can modify the MAF Sensor hole and mounting screws.
The SI MAF sensor is larger in diameter so you need to press/Weld in a smaller bushing And relocate the mounting screws.I did this in the oem plastic airbox.Aluminium would have been much easier since you can weld/Glue /drill it much easier.
Old post I know but any chance you can snap a pic of your modification? I'm trying to do something similar to save costs as I only see Si intakes for sale on marketplace apps. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored