PRL Intercooler Install From Start To Finish!

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the upload. Do you recommend any plastic clips etc that should be bought from Honda or can you reuse all parts when mounting back the front?

OP
OP
ttorres1183

ttorres1183

TTorres1183
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the upload. Do you recommend any plastic clips etc that should be bought from Honda or can you reuse all parts when mounting back the front?
You should be able to reuse all clips... they are a pain in the rear to get out... get some plastic pry tools!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Was originally planning on DIY'ing this, but seeing as how it took a while for a multi-person team, I may just break down and pay the $150 in labor that I've been quoted.

This looks like an enormous PITA.

OP
OP
ttorres1183

ttorres1183

TTorres1183
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Was originally planning on DIY'ing this, but seeing as how it took a while for a multi-person team, I may just break down and pay the $150 in labor that I've been quoted.

This looks like an enormous PITA.
It’s really not man... just need a friend and a few hrs!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It’s really not man... just need a friend and a few hrs!
Would be doing this solo, so I would need to figure out a way to support the whole bumper myself while disconnecting the fog lights. Would likely be an all day project, but if I can get the bumper off myself, I think that I could do it.

Will need to remove the bumper to install my JDM Yellow LED Fogs, so I'll need to figure this out no matter what I suppose.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would be doing this solo, so I would need to figure out a way to support the whole bumper myself while disconnecting the fog lights. Would likely be an all day project, but if I can get the bumper off myself, I think that I could do it.

Will need to remove the bumper to install my JDM Yellow LED Fogs, so I'll need to figure this out no matter what I suppose.
I used a small wooden stoll to support the bumber while i unplugged the light, used some towels to adjust the height

OP
OP
ttorres1183

ttorres1183

TTorres1183
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

I believe In you. If are going to remove the bumper might as well do the fog lights and IC at the same time. Hard part is finding something to support the bumper. Once the bumper is loose is comes off fast...

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Some tips:
1) I disconnected the fog lights from underneath the car before removing the bumper, no need to hold the bumper up while trying to disconnect the fog lights. Vice Versa when installing the bumper.
2) I temporarily put back two of the push clips on the top to hold the bumper while I was pulling it off of the tabs. That way it doesn't drop. This is seen in this video:

3) I removed the side markers temporarily to push the tabs down that hold the bumper. For the ones underneath the headlight, they need to be pulled up. Just used a small flathead screwdriver for this.
Sponsored