BOOSTBLUE28

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed a PRL intake tonight and now I have a check emission light and no rev match. What do I do? :(
Sponsored

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed a PRL intake tonight and now I have a check emission light and no rev match. What do I do? :(
Get something to read the code that’s throwing the MIL. AutoZone can read OBD-II codes for free.
The code (DTC) along with pictures can really help the community remotely diagnose.

OP
OP
BOOSTBLUE28

BOOSTBLUE28

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Okay so
Okay. Going to autozone now
okay so the guy at autozone plugged in the reader and then I turned my car off. The code said I had a ECM problem. Then when I went back to turn on my car the engine light was gone and rev match is back. My car is running perfect now. No issues.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Okay so

okay so the guy at autozone plugged in the reader and then I turned my car off. The code said I had a ECM problem. Then when I went back to turn on my car the engine light was gone and rev match is back. My car is running perfect now. No issues.
Glad to hear no codes. Did you disconnect the battery during the install?

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the same thing happen after installing my PRL intake. The problem went away on its own after driving for a day or 2.

OP
OP
BOOSTBLUE28

BOOSTBLUE28

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the same thing happen after installing my PRL intake. The problem went away on its own after driving for a day or 2.
Good to know I’m not the only one. But man I can not get over how good this intake makes the car sound.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Good to know I’m not the only one. But man I can not get over how good this intake makes the car sound.
Glad to hear you are digging the intake! If you have any questions in the future be sure to reach out, we will be glad to help!

OP
OP
BOOSTBLUE28

BOOSTBLUE28

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Glad to hear you are digging the intake! If you have any questions in the future be sure to reach out, we will be glad to help!
Thanks!! Did you guys do an update on the intake? I noticed mine came with a few parts that others did not get on YouTube videos I saw. The
EVAP sensor that came with my package seems to be something new you guys added? Works great! Also I noticed you guys included some new screws also?
Sponsored