newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
I cut mine down by an inch. Fits so much better. Don't need to rotate the EVAP flange. Installs just like OEM with no hood rubbing. No issues.

I really, really don't understood why PRL makes the "ports" so long.
I looked at that and thought it would work. But, I'm not as confident as many of you and I don't like cut / pasting stuff when I'm not sure. One way or another this will work! Can't wait.
Sponsored

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Here is my experience with it.

PRL HVI and stock turbo intake pipe: I had to cut it down by a quarter inch.
PRL HVI and PRL TIP: Fits perfectly.

If you have to cut the PRL hose, just make sure the EVAP fitting's end doesn't protrude into the airflow from the intake.

OP
OP
newskate9

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

If you have to cut the PRL hose, just make sure the EVAP fitting's end doesn't protrude into the airflow from the intake.
First, thanks for taking time to comment / help. Second, something has to protrude with the PRL and the shorter evap connection, right? I mean, PRL supplies the bung to be pipe-clamped into the hose. If memory serves, making the connection shorter, the bung will almost by definition go into the air flow. BUT, I could be wrong.

I'm going to put my car back to stock this AM so I can use it till the new part arrives. I'll snap some more pics too.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First, thanks for taking time to comment / help. Second, something has to protrude with the PRL and the shorter evap connection, right? I mean, PRL supplies the bung to be pipe-clamped into the hose. If memory serves, making the connection shorter, the bung will almost by definition go into the air flow. BUT, I could be wrong.

I'm going to put my car back to stock this AM so I can use it till the new part arrives. I'll snap some more pics too.
The bung (metal) part that PRL supplies is shorter than the silicone hose part it goes into. I measured that if I cut 1/4", it won't protrude into the main intake path.

OP
OP
newskate9

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The bung (metal) part that PRL supplies is shorter than the silicone hose part it goes into. I measured that if I cut 1/4", it won't protrude into the main intake path.
Thanks. I really don't think 1/4" will work for me. I may be expect

A question: I took a picture at the opening of the pipe and it shows the evap fitting end clearly in the flow path.
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL HVI CAI - HELP!!!!!!!! 1603148045854

Are you referring to the sensor opening? Or the end of the supplied bung for the new pipe? I'm asking as a shorter port on the pipe will almost surely make the bung extend into the pipe, like the current piece does.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Seems like PRL might have made changes so fitment is better. So the purge valve goes over the coolant lines. I had to bend a couple things to get it to fit right. The purge value works by Venturi Effect, which will work better if the valve is not protruding into main pipe/tube.

Last edited:

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. I really don't think 1/4" will work for me. I may be expect

A question: I took a picture at the opening of the pipe and it shows the evap fitting end clearly in the flow path.
1603148045854.png

Are you referring to the sensor opening? Or the end of the supplied bung for the new pipe? I'm asking as a shorter port on the pipe will almost surely make the bung extend into the pipe, like the current piece does.
I never noticed that the stock EVAP protruded like that. I didn't look down the tube.

Anyway, what I meant was the PRL EVAP fitting should not protrude into the main silicone tube. You can lay the flange beside the silicone port and see more or less where the end (hose barb side) would be. On my car, the barb more or less ends where the yellow line is.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL HVI CAI - HELP!!!!!!!! 1603183375605

Last edited:
OP
OP
newskate9

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi guys, final update! It is in. It works. Sounds like dragon fire. Love it.

I ended up cutting it twice - a quarter inch about each time, to get it to fit. And this was the REVISED part. The port in my view was still too high. I used the pipe clamp as a guide, tightened it where I wanted to cut, then used a razor. EZPZ. Seems to be fine now! I'll update with any changes.

Last - sincerely, thank you for all the input, pictures, thoughts, questions. For those of us who don't do this all the time, this forum was the FIRST place I thought of when I got into trouble.

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi guys, final update! It is in. It works. Sounds like dragon fire. Love it.

I ended up cutting it twice - a quarter inch about each time, to get it to fit. And this was the REVISED part. The port in my view was still too high. I used the pipe clamp as a guide, tightened it where I wanted to cut, then used a razor. EZPZ. Seems to be fine now! I'll update with any changes.

Last - sincerely, thank you for all the input, pictures, thoughts, questions. For those of us who don't do this all the time, this forum was the FIRST place I thought of when I got into trouble.
Just in case i got mine. How do you cut it? Razor? Can a regular scissor cut it? Sorry im new to things

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just in case i got mine. How do you cut it? Razor? Can a regular scissor cut it? Sorry im new to things
I used a retractable box cutter with a 1" blade. A 3/4" blade would work too.