James sz

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
Has anyone else noticed with the new race maf from prl that the housing is in constant contact with the upper radiator hose?
Sponsored

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Has anyone else noticed with the new race maf from prl that the housing is in constant contact with the upper radiator hose?
The fitment is super tight on this kit now because of the size. If you loosen the clamps on the hose and rotate it a little bit it will fit a lot better. You do not need to remove the hose, just loosen and twist in a little bit to have a bit of a gap between the hose and the MAF housing.

OP
OP

James sz

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
The fitment is super tight on this kit now because of the size. If you loosen the clamps on the hose and rotate it a little bit it will fit a lot better. You do not need to remove the hose, just loosen and twist in a little bit to have a bit of a gap between the hose and the MAF housing.
Thanks for the quick reply. I know it's hard to see in the picture but it's touching before the hose is even on

Honda Civic 10th gen Prl hivi race maf 16275027982324556648657588112699

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply. I know it's hard to see in the picture but it's touching before the hose is even on

16275027982324556648657588112699.jpg
Pretty sure PRL is referring to rotating the coolant hose a bit, taking note since I have my RACE MAF on the way.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag

16275027982324556648657588112699.jpg
The rad hose is the hose I was talking about moving. Just loosen the clamps enough to move the rad hose out of the way a little bit and it will be fine. Honda did not quite clock every one of the rad hoses the same from the factory, so some cars may need to do this while others will be completely fine and not need moved.

OP
OP

James sz

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
Lol starting to wonder if it's a me thing. I have clocked the hose 3 different ways as of now and it's still contacting. As of now I was able to sandwich a piece of foam in between it to keep the metal band from rubbing a hole through the radiator hose. I'm curious if running this with the acuity hoses instead would be a good solution.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
Lol starting to wonder if it's a me thing. I have clocked the hose 3 different ways as of now and it's still contacting. As of now I was able to sandwich a piece of foam in between it to keep the metal band from rubbing a hole through the radiator hose. I'm curious if running this with the acuity hoses instead would be a good solution.
probably it will since acuity has route it a bit different, but it should works as long as you twist the hose to the right orientation

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was planning to get the Race MAF housing but after reading your post, I'm having second thoughts. Were you able to solve this? Did you clock both sides of the hose? As of now with the stock MAF housing, my gap is less than 1/16". I'm sure it rubs when the engine moves during acceleration.

I analyzed the hose's shape and think it might work if you turned both sides of the hose clockwise (turn right while looking from the front of the car).

On the engine side, the hose comes straight out of the engine. Clocking it here will not do anything. However, from the radiator side, it turns to the right. Turning this clockwise will force it down a bit. It is good to turn the engine side too to relive any torsion on the hose.

Please let me know the results if you have tried it so I can decide.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP

James sz

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
I was planning to get the Race MAF housing but after reading your post, I'm having second thoughts. Were you able to solve this? Did you clock both sides of the hose? As of now with the stock MAF housing, my gap is less than 1/16". I'm sure it rubs when the engine moves during acceleration.

I analyzed the hose's shape and think it might work if you turned both sides of the hose clockwise (turn right while looking from the front of the car).

On the engine side, the hose comes straight out of the engine. Clocking it here will not do anything. However, from the radiator side, it turns to the right. Turning this clockwise will force it down a bit. It is good to turn the engine side too to relive any torsion on the hose.

Please let me know the results if you have tried it so I can decide.

Thanks!
I have not resolved yet. When I can get it on the lift hopefully tomorrow I'll try reclocking the hose from the bottom and let you know. Other people on here have stated they have not had the issue tho.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have not resolved yet. When I can get it on the lift hopefully tomorrow I'll try reclocking the hose from the bottom and let you know. Other people on here have stated they have not had the issue tho.
Have you been able to clock the hose out of the MAF housing's way?

Last edited: