PRL frontpipe, and fk8 woes...

NMRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Vehicle Showcase
So I had some time off work today to install my frontpipe, everything looked great out of the box and even included the needed hardware haha! I used the middle of the car jack point and it worked fine with my 30$ small craftsman jack. I do think if I could have found my jack pad i can jack from the very front of the side and still get a stand in there. There are a million fasteners holding the gaurds under the car...why didnt they overbuild the tranny this way idfk. The hanger was easy to get off with a single screw driver, and once the heat shield was unbolted and repositioned the old pipe comes out pretty easy. The new goes in just as easy, overall its a fairly simple install, just time consuming with all the clips and stuff.

Now that I have had a chance to drive it a bit I can say the car is ever so slightly louder, can hear the turbo a bit more. Power wise its hard to tell if there was any gain as it was hotter outside than when i usually get to drive the car, about 70* vs 40*, will update when I get to do some late night drives. Overall im happy, would only do this mod if paired or planning to pair with downpipe.

The bad: durring the install I noticed the bolt on the support bracket right where the downpipe meets the frontpipe was missing the nut...also when taking off the plastic gaurd under the car one of the back bolts was missing and upon further investigation I found that it had been snapped off actually in the hole and had a lil rust on it. WTF honda, I should prolly stop looking for things wrong but its becoming more clear that honda is really dropping the ball on their quality.
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
The bad: durring the install I noticed the bolt on the support bracket right where the downpipe meets the frontpipe was missing the nut...also when taking off the plastic gaurd under the car one of the back bolts was missing and upon further investigation I found that it had been snapped off actually in the hole and had a lil rust on it. WTF honda, I should prolly stop looking for things wrong but its becoming more clear that honda is really dropping the ball on their quality.
This makes me a bit nervous after reading this part because sometimes when I go drive my CTR I would hear tiny metal parts falling off my car......

OP
OP
NMRod

NMRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Ya that sucls if true but the way you word it gave me a good laugh

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
This makes me a bit nervous after reading this part because sometimes when I go drive my CTR I would hear tiny metal parts falling off my car......
Yaa! Me too! So weird!

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I hear the front pipe rubs w/o upgraded rear motor mount, might want to check after a month.

OP
OP
NMRod

NMRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Ill definatly check it I asked prl about that when I made the purchase and said I should have no rub without a new mount.

OP
OP
NMRod

NMRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Vehicle Showcase
At this rate maybe its a good thing production numbers are low or it'd be damn near raining fk8s.

OP
OP
NMRod

NMRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Vehicle Showcase
The little metal pieces you hear falling off are actually small rocks being kicked up by the tires and hitting that metal plate under the car, happens to me when turning sometimes

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
The little metal pieces you hear falling off are actually small rocks being kicked up by the tires and hitting that metal plate under the car, happens to me when turning sometimes
Ya, but it sounds like no other car I had or tested...

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you still have the stock downpipe, the support bracket bolt threads into the downpipe flange and does not use a nut

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Omg, I feel the same way! I'm on a driveways at work that are very smooth, but I hear metal tings and such like pieces are falling off. very worrisome, especially after this story.
Sponsored