Jaredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone,

So I am currently running the phearable 1.5R tune while blending e85 with the ethanol free 94 octane that we have in Canada to achieve E10. My car runs phenomenally on this blend and it is significantly better than just the 94 that we have. My worry is of chemical build up from blending and eventually achieving a concentration higher than e15, right now I am just putting half the e85 every 4 tanks to even it out. I am currently looking into the PRL flex fuel kit, however I don't want to run the flex tune for longevity purposes, my question is can I use this kit strictly to monitor ethanol content whilst still running my current phearable tune?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't understand the part about E85 every 4th tank.

E15 (or about 1 gallon E85 to a full tank) will be perfectly fine for "longevity" purposes. The car is built to handle that much ethanol. Keep in mind, you are running a tune that was built on E15, is known to be pretty aggressive, and you need to run the proper fuel. If you can't source the fuel for that tune, you may have to cough up the money for a custom tune specific to the fuel that you DO have. You don't need a FF kit.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone,

So I am currently running the phearable 1.5R tune while blending e85 with the ethanol free 94 octane that we have in Canada to achieve E10. My car runs phenomenally on this blend and it is significantly better than just the 94 that we have. My worry is of chemical build up from blending and eventually achieving a concentration higher than e15, right now I am just putting half the e85 every 4 tanks to even it out. I am currently looking into the PRL flex fuel kit, however I don't want to run the flex tune for longevity purposes, my question is can I use this kit strictly to monitor ethanol content whilst still running my current phearable tune?

Thanks in advance.
We do not foresee any issue with a 15% ethanol blend, most US fuels contain lower percentages of ethanol in them anyways. You can use this kit to monitor ethanol percentages, but it ultimately cannot be left plugged (electronically) into to drive around on, as the kit eliminates ECT2 and pulls power from the o2 sensor. This would dictate an ethanol-specific tune.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There are other solutions if you are simply interested in monitoring your E% without actually running a flex fuel tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Flex Fuel Kit Sensor Screenshot_20210624-174914_Chrome
Sponsored