PRL Flex Fuel Kit review

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
So you delayed the power by rpm in all gears untill 3500 rpm? If so then you should be fine. If not then sending full boogie in 4th and up (say from 2500) would likely cause some issues. 1st and 2nd really shouldnt need any reduction except to prevent wheelspin.
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
So you delayed the power by rpm in all gears untill 3500 rpm? If so then you should be fine. If not then sending full boogie in 4th and up (say from 2500) would likely cause some issues. 1st and 2nd really shouldnt need any reduction except to prevent wheelspin.
Basically. My power/torque is really low under 3k, after 3k is when it all wakes up. I usually dont really go wot unless im in 3rd past 3k... That's party the reason too even though I still spin tire, just not as much as before.. later this week when im at my buddies house ill pull up the tables and take a picture so you guys know what i'm talking about. keep in mind i peak at 25psi, and redline at 6900 rpm.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Update: I took a look at my tune and I was totally wrong about dumbing the car down in 1st and 2nd lol. What we did was lower the power/torque below 3k so there isn't much of an issue with clutch slipping. I make all my power past 3k and top end

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Hey Kyle,
For clarity, you could install this kit and run only 93 if you wanted. Also, say you're running an E30-40 blend in your vehicle typically and you're travelling, and you don't have access to E85 wherever you are. Our kit allows you to fill up with 93 and dilute out the E85 dropping the ethanol %. You do not have to be specifically tuned for a particular ethanol content, you are able to run any blend. The Ethanol converter box and GM sensor work instantaneously with your ECU to correct constantly. The new platforms perform their best at E30-E40.

We made 400whp on stock block, internals, and trans, your power goal is definitely achievable without sending a rod and piston to the moon. We have countless customers in the 330whp range with our upgraded turbo kit (GTX2860) and full bolt ons. Feel free to reach out to our [email protected] for any direct questions you may have!
Wow thanks for such an awesome and quick response much appreciated yeah I didn’t know what the l15b7 was capable of as I’m new
To these motors I’m used to my k20 but I’m very interested in the flex fuel kit so thank you for this answer

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Do you still have a stock clutch in your car?
Yes I do. Eventually I will upgrade it, but I don't really have plans to anytime soon. And I haven't taken the time to research all the different clutch options and what makes the most sense for me.

But I did get the W1 installed this weekend and I'm running the W1 ktuner base map and the clutch was holding up really well when I got on it (93 pump)

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Yes I do. Eventually I will upgrade it, but I don't really have plans to anytime soon. And I haven't taken the time to research all the different clutch options and what makes the most sense for me.

But I did get the W1 installed this weekend and I'm running the W1 ktuner base map and the clutch was holding up really well when I got on it (93 pump)
Sweet dude. I definitely need a clutch before I go big turbo, but that won't happen for quite some time either. I'm in no rush to be wasting that much money right now.. As far as the clutch I see a lot of people getting the type r retro fit, but I think i'm gonna go with the ACT organic full face and single mass fly wheel whenever the time comes

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sweet dude. I definitely need a clutch before I go big turbo, but that won't happen for quite some time either. I'm in no rush to be wasting that much money right now.. As far as the clutch I see a lot of people getting the type r retro fit, but I think i'm gonna go with the ACT organic full face and single mass fly wheel whenever the time comes
Yea I couldn’t afford getting a clutch right now and honestly don’t even want the headache of that install yet lol. Only reason I even got the W1 was because their $100 off sale ended at the end of April and once I got that stimulus check it was basically a no brainer for me.

yea skimming through the threads I’ve seen people running many different clutch options. I feel like In the beginning I saw a bunch of people go with clutch masters 350 or 400 fx. But haven’t seen those around lately.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Yea I couldn’t afford getting a clutch right now and honestly don’t even want the headache of that install yet lol. Only reason I even got the W1 was because their $100 off sale ended at the end of April and once I got that stimulus check it was basically a no brainer for me.

yea skimming through the threads I’ve seen people running many different clutch options. I feel like In the beginning I saw a bunch of people go with clutch masters 350 or 400 fx. But haven’t seen those around lately.
I heard people had a lot of problems with that clutch. I trust ACT so ill go with them. To me I see no point in buying basically a stock type r clutch when for the same money and can buy something a little bit better.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I heard people had a lot of problems with that clutch. I trust ACT so ill go with them. To me I see no point in buying basically a stock type r clutch when for the same money and can buy something a little bit better.
Yea I’ve seen a lot of people mention the ACT clutch too. I’m a big research guy, so I’ll exhaust every avenue and put it in all in a spreadsheet before I make a decision.
But I’m going to start with the ACT :)

Aikens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT, Civic SI
Country flag
Yea I’ve seen a lot of people mention the ACT clutch too. I’m a big research guy, so I’ll exhaust every avenue and put it in all in a spreadsheet before I make a decision.
But I’m going to start with the ACT :)
Just installed fx350. Engages low but wow, the car feel so much better. I’m not having any chatter or lockout. 400 more miles to go before letting it rip. Running tsp stage 2, prl downpipe/frontpipe.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why is ACT a little bit better? I was under the impression that it was just the reverse. I have the type r clutch and am amazed by it every day.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Why is ACT a little bit better? I was under the impression that it was just the reverse. I have the type r clutch and am amazed by it every day.
I put my trust more into a reputable company that has been making clutches for years with proven efficiency. Just a personal opinion on what i'd personally like to run

kevint12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic sport
Country flag
Hey guys, just to add a little input on the type r clutch, not sure if any of you follow L15B7allturbo on IG, but he has a type r retrofitted clutch and is currently dailying his 500whp Si. Not sure if I’ll ever even go that high so it’s definitely what I’m gonna go with.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, just to add a little input on the type r clutch, not sure if any of you follow L15B7allturbo on IG, but he has a type r retrofitted clutch and is currently dailying his 500whp Si. Not sure if I’ll ever even go that high so it’s definitely what I’m gonna go with.
Interesting. I guess I gotta do some more research lol.... Eventually once I pay off the car and it's mine I wanna buy a separate engine and build that and throw it in the car with the big turbo lol. That'll be a few years down the line though

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey Kyle,
For clarity, you could install this kit and run only 93 if you wanted. Also, say you're running an E30-40 blend in your vehicle typically and you're travelling, and you don't have access to E85 wherever you are. Our kit allows you to fill up with 93 and dilute out the E85 dropping the ethanol %. You do not have to be specifically tuned for a particular ethanol content, you are able to run any blend. The Ethanol converter box and GM sensor work instantaneously with your ECU to correct constantly. The new platforms perform their best at E30-E40.

We made 400whp on stock block, internals, and trans, your power goal is definitely achievable without sending a rod and piston to the moon. We have countless customers in the 330whp range with our upgraded turbo kit (GTX2860) and full bolt ons. Feel free to reach out to our [email protected] for any direct questions you may have!
What about 91? I only have access to 91. Would I be able to run just 91 in case of an emergency. Also what’s the highest mileage you guys have on your flex fuel kit?
Sponsored