Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
The only way to properly run the tsp2 is to have an ethanol content sensor. You don’t always have to put ethanol in for the tune to work. It’ll adjust the timing and what not according to the ethanol content. I’ve run just pump gas many times, it’s just not as fun haha.

As for how they tune for ethanol? I have no idea, I am in no way a tuner. I just know over 40% e is kind of a waste and hard on the fuel system. You can run more timing with e because it’s not as volatile as gasoline but I’m sure there’s more to it than that. I’m sure others can chime in better with that.

Tsp1 is only pump. Tsp2 can use only pump too, as long as you have some sort of flex fuel setup to monitor ethanol content.
Why do you say over 40% e is a waste? I can tell my cars difference in power depending on the ethanol content. Just curious as to your reasoning lol.
Sponsored

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
You'll want to get a custom tune with the W1 turbo upgrade
That is the end goal once I get the $$$. But I’ve still got to get the flex fuel kit and wait for my Turbo inlet pipe to come in early June before I can reach out to drob for the etune.

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Why do you say over 40% e is a waste? I can tell my cars difference in power depending on the ethanol content. Just curious as to your reasoning lol.
Because first off, the injectors can't handle the necessary increase in fuel that comes with running ethanol over gasoline. 35% more fuel is needed compared to 93, if I remember correctly. If you run E85 you'll not only be risking cylinders by maxing injectors, you're not gettting any benefit.

I believe the TSP Stage 2 tune is optimized for E35, or 35% ethanol, says so right on the product page at least.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
From Dyno numbers. Anything over 40% has not shown an increase in power. If I can find a few dyno runs, I'll post them. The limitation is the fuel system and injectors, which can't keep up. Even with the Hondata fuel system upgrade for the Type R, 46% ethanol is the limit for making additional power

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because first off, the injectors can't handle the necessary increase in fuel that comes with running ethanol over gasoline. 35% more fuel is needed compared to 93, if I remember correctly. If you run E85 you'll not only be risking cylinders by maxing injectors, you're not gettting any benefit.

I believe the TSP Stage 2 tune is optimized for E35, or 35% ethanol, says so right on the product page at least.
You beat me by one minute :)

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag

I don't use Ktuner. I use hondata. My friend and I street tuned my car based off of his old tune.. And yes, we've both had experience tuning before, along side the "what not to do's" I have seen on the forums

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't use Ktuner. I use hondata. My friend and I street tuned my car based off of his old tune.. And yes, we've both had experience tuning before, along side the "what not to do's" I have seen on the forums
If you want to make additional power going over 40% ethanol, you would need to go to Meth injection, but then you are putting additional stress on your engine

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
If you want to make additional power going over 40% ethanol, you would need to go to Meth injection, but then you are putting additional stress on your engine
Until I actually build a motor, I have no plans for meth injection lol. But, has for running e, I usually run the car at about 40-45%. No issues, at least yet. I also, don't always run the car on e. I drive mostly on 93 octane.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I should also add the tune we created keeps my torque low in 1st n 2nd to minimize clutch slippage (which it hasn't slipped at all.) Once in 3rd and up its all power and torque at 3.5k rpms. The shorter final drive is also a really big factor into it

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh ok, thank you for clarifying that! And tsp stage 2 tune works with the W1 drop-in turbo without any issues? Or is there a specific one for W1?
I know KTuner now has a base map for the W1, which is what I’ll run until I get the flex fuel setup.
Nooo, the tsp tunes are specifically for stock turbo. I’m using the ktuner W1 base map for flexfuel and race maf. Ultimately a custom tune will be the best bet. I’m going to get it tuned here eventually haha

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I know this thread is dead. But where I’m from there is like one gas station with e85 for our 10th gen si, once you have the flex fuel kit do you constantly have to run e85 or can you switch between pump gas and back to the mixture ? Just curious how this flex fuel kit actually works. I’m not looking to make crazy numbers I’d like to hit maybe 330 whp and torque. Trying to keep the cars rods and pistons in the block lmao
Hey Kyle,
For clarity, you could install this kit and run only 93 if you wanted. Also, say you're running an E30-40 blend in your vehicle typically and you're travelling, and you don't have access to E85 wherever you are. Our kit allows you to fill up with 93 and dilute out the E85 dropping the ethanol %. You do not have to be specifically tuned for a particular ethanol content, you are able to run any blend. The Ethanol converter box and GM sensor work instantaneously with your ECU to correct constantly. The new platforms perform their best at E30-E40.

We made 400whp on stock block, internals, and trans, your power goal is definitely achievable without sending a rod and piston to the moon. We have countless customers in the 330whp range with our upgraded turbo kit (GTX2860) and full bolt ons. Feel free to reach out to our [email protected] for any direct questions you may have!

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Nooo, the tsp tunes are specifically for stock turbo. I’m using the ktuner W1 base map for flexfuel and race maf. Ultimately a custom tune will be the best bet. I’m going to get it tuned here eventually haha
Oh ok gotcha. That’s what I’ll do this weekend after I get the W1 installed and run that map until PRL gets the flex fuel kits back in stock and I can get a custom tune

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Oh ok gotcha. That’s what I’ll do this weekend after I get the W1 installed and run that map until PRL gets the flex fuel kits back in stock and I can get a custom tune
Do you still have a stock clutch in your car?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I should also add the tune we created keeps my torque low in 1st n 2nd to minimize clutch slippage (which it hasn't slipped at all.) Once in 3rd and up its all power and torque at 3.5k rpms. The shorter final drive is also a really big factor into it
You all have this concept wrong. 1st and 2nd have dramatically less chance of slipping due to the mechanical advantage of the gear reduction (ie: less load on the drive train to spin the wheels) as you move up numerically in the gears, the load increases conversely making the clutch have to hold more.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
You all have this concept wrong. 1st and 2nd have dramatically less chance of slipping due to the mechanical advantage of the gear reduction (ie: less load on the drive train to spin the wheels) as you move up numerically in the gears, the load increases conversely making the clutch have to hold more.
Out of the whole at wot 1st and second were my most dangerous gears from the amount of torque i was making down low. Towards top end where all the power in this car is, is where I make my power. I have had zero issues with my tune, e blend or clutch issues because of this. before we adjusted the tabled my clutch was screaming for dear life
Sponsored