PRL Flex Fuel Kit review

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So I just installed my PRL Flex Fuel Kit. Threw in 4.5 gallons of E85 and filled the rest up with 91. Gave me A 37.5% ethanol content. With the OTS calibration from hondata, I'd say it's just as fast as the TSP stage 1 tune. but I am running Full Bolt ons and stage 3 clutch and flywheel so it may feel different to other people. But I will say that 1st and second gear are faster with the OTS calibration with E85 than the TSP Stage 1 tune. I do have the stage 2 tune purchased, but in waiting for Derek to come back to email us our tunes. I can already tell that this setup is gonna be amazing!!
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Your going to love it!

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
So I just installed my PRL Flex Fuel Kit. Threw in 4.5 gallons of E85 and filled the rest up with 91. Gave me A 37.5% ethanol content. With the OTS calibration from hondata, I'd say it's just as fast as the TSP stage 1 tune. but I am running Full Bolt ons and stage 3 clutch and flywheel so it may feel different to other people. But I will say that 1st and second gear are faster with the OTS calibration with E85 than the TSP Stage 1 tune. I do have the stage 2 tune purchased, but in waiting for Derek to come back to email us our tunes. I can already tell that this setup is gonna be amazing!!
Careful, you’ll have all the Ktuner fan club boys sending rebuttals as to why this is not possible lol

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Careful, you’ll have all the Ktuner fan club boys sending rebuttals as to why this is not possible lol
I don’t think you’ll find anyone arguing that it’s not possible for a flex fuel tune to be as fast as a standard fuel tune.

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
I know this thread is dead. But where I’m from there is like one gas station with e85 for our 10th gen si, once you have the flex fuel kit do you constantly have to run e85 or can you switch between pump gas and back to the mixture ? Just curious how this flex fuel kit actually works. I’m not looking to make crazy numbers I’d like to hit maybe 330 whp and torque. Trying to keep the cars rods and pistons in the block lmao

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this thread is dead. But where I’m from there is like one gas station with e85 for our 10th gen si, once you have the flex fuel kit do you constantly have to run e85 or can you switch between pump gas and back to the mixture ? Just curious how this flex fuel kit actually works. I’m not looking to make crazy numbers I’d like to hit maybe 330 whp and torque. Trying to keep the cars rods and pistons in the block lmao
You can run straight pump gas with the flex fuel kit and tsp2 tune. I did that for a bit when I would go on longer drives. It feels like tsp1 but once you have 37-40% ethanol, you get all the timing haha

I literally just put on my W1 today because I am also shooting for the same power numbers. Gonna need to ditch the little guy for 300whp+

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
You can run straight pump gas with the flex fuel kit and tsp2 tune. I did that for a bit when I would go on longer drives. It feels like tsp1 but once you have 37-40% ethanol, you get all the timing haha

I literally just put on my W1 today because I am also shooting for the same power numbers. Gonna need to ditch the little guy for 300whp+
What do you mean by "ditch the little guy"? You mean sell your Si? I currently have roughly between 287 and 289 at the wheels, and I rarely use it. Occasionally I do the freeway on ramp pull or an Italian tune up, but most of the time I'm barely on the throttle. I guess it's good to have it when you need it, but unless one tracks or races, most of the time the extra power is underutilized

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Flex means you can run 93 or e85 or any mixture in between. We usually run 5 gallons e85 and the rest your local premium to run 40%

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean by "ditch the little guy"? You mean sell your Si? I currently have roughly between 287 and 289 at the wheels, and I rarely use it. Occasionally I do the freeway on ramp pull or an Italian tune up, but most of the time I'm barely on the throttle. I guess it's good to have it when you need it, but unless one tracks or races, most of the time the extra power is underutilized
I was referring to the stock turbo as the little guy. No one needs lots of power but we do it because we enjoy it. I like having power on tap when ever I want. Get 30mpg+ when I don’t. Cost me $30 to fill the tank and it’s a cheap car to maintain. I could have got a Prius to accomplish my driving needs but yea, no thanks haha

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was referring to the stock turbo as the little guy. No one needs lots of power but we do it because we enjoy it. I like having power on tap when ever I want. Get 30mpg+ when I don’t. Cost me $30 to fill the tank and it’s a cheap car to maintain. I could have got a Prius to accomplish my driving needs but yea, no thanks haha
Well you can get a Hellcat swapped Prius LOL :D

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Flex Fuel Kit review 1588603583166
:p

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Besides a tune, the flex fuel kit has to be my favorite mod iv'e done to the car tbh. Wait till u start playing the the fuel mixtures. The first time i ran e85 i ran a 30% blend and would slowly add more every fill up to see the power increases between 30,35,40, etc. It's actually pretty impressive that a simple fuel modification can do so much lol

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag

I’m also looking to get the same numbers as well. I’m shooting for about 330 whp and I’m installing my W1 this weekend. Unfortunately it says prl is out of the flex fuel until 5/29, but I see on two step performance site it says 5/8, so not sure how long I’ll have to wait.
But my question is - when you throw in ethanol, do you always have to run the tsp stage 2 tune with it? (Assuming not custom tune)
And if you did get a custom tune, is it tuned for a range of ethanol %? (Like between 30-40%) since you cant always ensure you will get the same amount each fill up?
And if you do run pump gas (93), could you still run it on an ethanol tune such a tsp stage 2? Or would you have to utilize the different tunes on the KTuner depending on what you are filling up?

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m also looking to get the same numbers as well. I’m shooting for about 330 whp and I’m installing my W1 this weekend. Unfortunately it says prl is out of the flex fuel until 5/29, but I see on two step performance site it says 5/8, so not sure how long I’ll have to wait.
But my question is - when you throw in ethanol, do you always have to run the tsp stage 2 tune with it? (Assuming not custom tune)
And if you did get a custom tune, is it tuned for a range of ethanol %? (Like between 30-40%) since you cant always ensure you will get the same amount each fill up?
And if you do run pump gas (93), could you still run it on an ethanol tune such a tsp stage 2? Or would you have to utilize the different tunes on the KTuner depending on what you are filling up?
The only way to properly run the tsp2 is to have an ethanol content sensor. You don’t always have to put ethanol in for the tune to work. It’ll adjust the timing and what not according to the ethanol content. I’ve run just pump gas many times, it’s just not as fun haha.

As for how they tune for ethanol? I have no idea, I am in no way a tuner. I just know over 40% e is kind of a waste and hard on the fuel system. You can run more timing with e because it’s not as volatile as gasoline but I’m sure there’s more to it than that. I’m sure others can chime in better with that.

Tsp1 is only pump. Tsp2 can use only pump too, as long as you have some sort of flex fuel setup to monitor ethanol content.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
The only way to properly run the tsp2 is to have an ethanol content sensor. You don’t always have to put ethanol in for the tune to work. It’ll adjust the timing and what not according to the ethanol content. I’ve run just pump gas many times, it’s just not as fun haha.

As for how they tune for ethanol? I have no idea, I am in no way a tuner. I just know over 40% e is kind of a waste and hard on the fuel system. You can run more timing with e because it’s not as volatile as gasoline but I’m sure there’s more to it than that. I’m sure others can chime in better with that.

Tsp1 is only pump. Tsp2 can use only pump too, as long as you have some sort of flex fuel setup to monitor ethanol content.
Oh ok, thank you for clarifying that! And tsp stage 2 tune works with the W1 drop-in turbo without any issues? Or is there a specific one for W1?
I know KTuner now has a base map for the W1, which is what I’ll run until I get the flex fuel setup.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh ok, thank you for clarifying that! And tsp stage 2 tune works with the W1 drop-in turbo without any issues? Or is there a specific one for W1?
I know KTuner now has a base map for the W1, which is what I’ll run until I get the flex fuel setup.
You'll want to get a custom tune with the W1 turbo upgrade
Sponsored