PRL Flex Fuel Kit: hose disintegration issues?

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I saw the Hondata post about hose disintegration issues with their flex fuel kit. Is that something we need to be concerned with, if we use your kits as well? If so, how do we check for it on an Si? Thank you; I love my flex fuel kit and don't want to give it up, but this is concerning...
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw the Hondata post about hose disintegration issues with their flex fuel kit. Is that something we need to be concerned with, if we use your kits as well? If so, how do we check for it on an Si? Thank you; I love my flex fuel kit and don't want to give it up, but this is concerning...
I am assuming Hondata customers, especially FK8, are seeing this because they are using the fuel system upgrade to run higher ethanol content. I’m sure you would see higher than normal wear rate by running 30% ethanol too, but not nearly as rapid as running full E85. Probably something to pay attention to but not to be alarmed by.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I googled but couldn't find any info or pictures. Can you link? Are they swelling up or looking rotton from the outside? Mine still look normal just glancing at them, 2 years old.

OP
OP
whoisJSR

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe