PRL Downpipes not on website?

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This sucks, just got my car this year and was planning on getting a prl downpipe in the next few months. Guess ill be going 27won or used when the time comes :/
27Won makes an excellent downpipe. However, the main deciding factor should be how emissions are handled in your state/county. The EPA is cracking down hard now on high flow cats so even a high flow downpipe will fail a visual emissions test.

A local friend with his type R ran into this problem in Utah, where it wasn't a problem years prior. He now has to put on his stock downpipe and go back to a stock tune to pass emissions and then switch back after.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DadBodMod17

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Yeah, I'll be keeping my OEM DP for that exact reason.... Just going to plan to make the yearly swap...

OP
OP
DadBodMod17

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
I did have an MAP one in hand at one point but the GESI Cat on it was only 300 cell and I know for a fact that wouldn't pass NYS Emissions. Had to return it. My hope is that I don't need to swap out the PRL HVDP (400 cell) next time I go for an inspection and can leave it alone...

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I did have an MAP one in hand at one point but the GESI Cat on it was only 300 cell and I know for a fact that wouldn't pass NYS Emissions. Had to return it. My hope is that I don't need to swap out the PRL HVDP (400 cell) next time I go for an inspection and can leave it alone...
HVDP worked for me in NY with monitors on BUT for the headache, not sure I’d do it all over again the same

OP
OP
DadBodMod17

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
HVDP worked for me in NY with monitors on BUT for the headache, not sure I’d do it all over again the same
I recall your ordeal I think. The Defouler got left on, correct? had to cut it out/off? The new issue we will face in NY is the visual inspection that may or may-not take place. gonna be a crap-shoot for a year or so.. But I'm keeping the OEM part and swapping to Rampage studs just in case...

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I recall your ordeal I think. The Defouler got left on, correct? had to cut it out/off? The new issue we will face in NY is the visual inspection that may or may-not take place. gonna be a crap-shoot for a year or so.. But I'm keeping the OEM part and swapping to Rampage studs just in case...
Yep that’s me! Honestly tho with the factory heat shield on, who can even really tell… the HVDP has a large cat… I guess it’s all about finding a shop not concerned with the visual

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
I have spoken with PRL in the past when this topic came up some time ago (March of this year) https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/epa-cracking-down-on-prl.73838/#post-1125584 and they stated that yes they pulled the item from their site - the reason was limited availability of the cats at the time. They added them back to the site when the cat availability wasn't an issue. Could be the same deal - their support is top-notch - if you have questions just ask them :). @PRL Motorsports
Sponsored

Last edited: