• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: California Prl downpipe

WhoStoleMyVTEC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si (Fc3)
Country flag
I wanted to just buy a new one but they were out of stock and after seeing how this downpipe was i wanted to puke. I couldnt stand the idea of keeping such a crap product on my car that im super meticulous about. Im super excited to finally get my hands on a quality downpipe from a reputable brand.

OP has been super easy to communicate with and honestly i couldnt even complain about the price, even with shipping it still came out cheaper then new. Zero complaints so far with the transaction
@thatblu_si Did you happen to post pics in the groups when you blew a hole threw it too? I remember seeing a few of them with the same problem. Sorry to hear that. I was thinking about going with a PLM set but after all the horror stories I've had in the past and heard about other brands I couldn't do it (not to mention they stole one of the biggest supporters of this platforms design). I'd take used quality over a polished turd any day after my experiences.

Horrible to hear that they don't try to make their issues right for their customers, PRL will help you tooth and nail even when you come to them outright and tell them you bought it second hand. They got me the o2 de-fouler I was missing (which was noted), and PRL had no problem making accommodations to add it to my hardware order. Customer service always hits it out the ballpark.

Glad you were able to snag a solid deal at the end of the day on a quality downpipe!
Sponsored

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh nah what your DP broke too??

Yeahhhhhhhh fkx racing is no bueno lmao. When I talked to the owner of fkx on the phone he was saying the same, that my car was running too lean and I probably ran it for tens of thousands of miles. Tried very hard to deflect the blame off how the downpipe was manufactured.

Gonna be going all PRL/27won from now on
LOL yea funny enough i read about it in a thread here and later that week i looked and had a hole in the same exact place as the OP of the thread and i couldnt believe it cuz i thought the owner of FKX and i were in good standing as ive literally bought everything for my car from him. But he left a real bad taste in my mouth when i tried telling him my dp broke. Gave me a bunch of bs about returnless fuel systems running lean out of the factory and all this nonsense. Like come on bro i been doing this a while and ive done all the work myself (im pretty anal about this stuff) so i knew what he was saying was complete horse shit

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@thatblu_si Did you happen to post pics in the groups when you blew a hole threw it too? I remember seeing a few of them with the same problem. Sorry to hear that. I was thinking about going with a PLM set but after all the horror stories I've had in the past and heard about other brands I couldn't do it (not to mention they stole one of the biggest supporters of this platforms design). I'd take used quality over a polished turd any day after my experiences.

Horrible to hear that they don't try to make their issues right for their customers, PRL will help you tooth and nail even when you come to them outright and tell them you bought it second hand. They got me the o2 de-fouler I was missing (which was noted), and PRL had no problem making accommodations to add it to my hardware order. Customer service always hits it out the ballpark.

Glad you were able to snag a solid deal at the end of the day on a quality downpipe!
No actually i didnt post any pics of it cuz i wanted to avoid issues since im pretty sure FKX looks at these forums. I do remember seeing the thread you are talking about though. Im glad PRLs customer service is better then FKX. Im just mad i gave that guy so much of my money to just end up getting screwed over (Which you can read about in my previous message lol)

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL yea funny enough i read about it in a thread here and later that week i looked and had a hole in the same exact place as the OP of the thread and i couldnt believe it cuz i thought the owner of FKX and i were in good standing as ive literally bought everything for my car from him. But he left a real bad taste in my mouth when i tried telling him my dp broke. Gave me a bunch of bs about returnless fuel systems running lean out of the factory and all this nonsense. Like come on bro i been doing this a while and ive done all the work myself (im pretty anal about this stuff) so i knew what he was saying was complete horse shit
Yeah fuck andy bro LOL

He was telling me how since I ran a catless downpipe for 7k miles untuned that now I'm at a much higher risk of blowing my engine, he said I likely did a ton of permanent damage to my engine and that it's 100% my fault that my downpipe weld snapped because of "improper usage". Said if I planned to tune later and run higher amounts of boost I'll probably blow my engine blah blah blah. Got me scared shitless then after consulting with a lot of my friends they were all telling me that it's bullshit.

Didn't believe me when I said it was 7k miles he kept trying to convince himself that I ran it for 60k+ miles or something and was saying shit like "Ohhhh I know eman/drob/phong we all have a good relationship blahblah they can vouch) like smh bro

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I have to put my car up on the lift tonight at work to balance my tires, ill take some pics and make a thread in the SI forum later tonight so we can discuss more about it with others out there

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah fuck andy bro LOL

He was telling me how since I ran a catless downpipe for 7k miles untuned that now I'm at a much higher risk of blowing my engine, he said I likely did a ton of permanent damage to my engine and that it's 100% my fault that my downpipe weld snapped because of "improper usage". Got me scared shitless then after consulting with a lot of my friends they were all telling me that it's bullshit.

Didn't believe me when I said it was 7k miles he kept trying to convince himself that I ran it for 60k+ miles or something and was saying shit like "Ohhhh I know eman/drob/phong we all have a good relationship blahblah they can vouch) like smh bro
Brooo lmaoooo i feel like he copy and pasted our conversations xD he told me the sammmmeeee shit lmaoooo

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brooo lmaoooo i feel like he copy and pasted our conversations xD he told me the sammmmeeee shit lmaoooo
Lmfaooooo bro forreal

Our engines are ok though right? I was a bit antsy for the following month after going back to stock but my car feels 100% fine and runs/drives great, been doing some heavy driving after going back to stock cat and no issues.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lmfaooooo bro forreal

Our engines are ok though right? I was a bit antsy for the following month after going back to stock but my car feels 100% fine and runs/drives great, been doing some heavy driving after going back to stock cat and no issues.
Lol honestly your case is a bit different than mine, Im flashed on hondata with the 2nd O2 disabled so i know my car is running A1. I have zero worries about my engines life and zero doubt about the things ive done to my car. But honestly if i was you i would atleast put a decent basemap when you put a catless dp. Just to experience the actual increase in HP that a cat delete brings but also for the peace of mind that your car is running like it should be. But honestly running catless on a stock basemap really should bring any problems since your 1st O2 is reading both O2 levels in the exhaust but also functioning as a wideband. Secondary O2 is really only there to monitor the efficiency of the catalytic. So i dont see anything possibly going wrong with your engine especially in only 7k miles.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol honestly your case is a bit different than mine, Im flashed on hondata with the 2nd O2 disabled so i know my car is running A1. I have zero worries about my engines life and zero doubt about the things ive done to my car. But honestly if i was you i would atleast put a decent basemap when you put a catless dp. Just to experience the actual increase in HP that a cat delete brings but also for the peace of mind that your car is running like it should be. But honestly running catless on a stock basemap really should bring any problems since your 1st O2 is reading both O2 levels in the exhaust but also functioning as a wideband. Secondary O2 is really only there to monitor the efficiency of the catalytic. So i dont see anything possibly going wrong with your engine especially in only 7k miles.
Yeah man true true true, only reason I ran catless untuned was because I got the downpipe second hand for free. I was gonna hold off on tuning for a little bit just because I didn't want to possibly void my warranty so quick. But yeah only thing I saw happen was my fuel trims be off a little bit, my mpg got a lot better once I went back to my oem cat. But yeah at least it was only 7k, I will be sure to buy ktuner and prl catless together this time lol

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah man true true true, only reason I ran catless untuned was because I got the downpipe second hand for free. I was gonna hold off on tuning for a little bit just because I didn't want to possibly void my warranty so quick. But yeah only thing I saw happen was my fuel trims be off a little bit, my mpg got a lot better once I went back to my oem cat. But yeah at least it was only 7k, I will be sure to buy ktuner and prl catless together this time lol
I guarantee if you get a Flashpro like ktuner or hondata and run your catless dp you'll be 100% safe. You shouldn't have to worry about voiding warranty cus if you do it right you shouldn't run into problems with just a dp and basemap tune

WhoStoleMyVTEC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si (Fc3)
Country flag
I have to put my car up on the lift tonight at work to balance my tires, ill take some pics and make a thread in the SI forum later tonight so we can discuss more about it with others out there
Definitely do, even if he does a dirty delete. I could understand you not wanting to make an uproar but after spending all that money with him and that's his response he definitely isn't worth spending any more money within. There are a lot of great forum vendors as well as vendors on the pages that have a million times better customer service.

Hopefully once the post gets started everyone I've seen with issues comes honest about it so nobody else has to go through the same BS.

WhoStoleMyVTEC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si (Fc3)
Country flag
Lmfaooooo bro forreal

You're good as long as you don't get another FKX downpipe lol. Definitely recommend the tune though, the world of difference it makes you will be so glad that you did it. More than most mods can net you anyway.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely do, even if he does a dirty delete. I could understand you not wanting to make an uproar but after spending all that money with him and that's his response he definitely isn't worth spending any more money within. There are a lot of great forum vendors as well as vendors on the pages that have a million times better customer service.

Hopefully once the post gets started everyone I've seen with issues comes honest about it so nobody else has to go through the same BS.
I just took the pics last night, ima post them up today, keep an eye out in the Si forum so you guys can chime in. Sadly i found fkx before i found civicx, but im glad i found this forum so i can correct the mistakes of my past lol I have had a pretty rough week and honestly i stopped caring about the uproar this may bring. Im done holding my tongue on shitty businesses.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're good as long as you don't get another FKX downpipe lol. Definitely recommend the tune though, the world of difference it makes you will be so glad that you did it. More than most mods can net you anyway.
Thankfully for the world, FKX no longer makes those downpipes actually

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just took the pics last night, ima post them up today, keep an eye out in the Si forum so you guys can chime in. Sadly i found fkx before i found civicx, but im glad i found this forum so i can correct the mistakes of my past lol I have had a pretty rough week and honestly i stopped caring about the uproar this may bring. Im done holding my tongue on shitty businesses.
Agreed. When he dmed me he intially thought I was attacking him and trying to ruin the rep of his company lmao. I mean it's not the end of the world that some of his parts were shitty, it happens, but trying to completely avoid responsibility and spew out bullshit to avoid taking blame is where that's no bueno
Sponsored