Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey @PRL Motorsports,
I saw on your site you’re developing a V2 downpipe for the Civic X. Are you able to talk about what the changes are with this new one and when a possible release date might be? I’m in the market for a catted downpipe (currently using your cat less) right now and am wondering if I should just wait for the V2.
Sponsored

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Yes, Anyone waiting on a back-order will get the v2, and will be shipping out this week! The V2 is still a full 3in dp. One major change are the standoffs that allow people to retain there factory heat shields and utilizes an upper and lower casting just like our type R. You will still be able to use this pipe with our front pipe or anyone else's front pipe that meets to the factory downpipe.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes, Anyone waiting on a back-order will get the v2, and will be shipping out this week! The V2 is still a full 3in dp. One major change are the standoffs that allow people to retain there factory heat shields and utilizes an upper and lower casting just like our type R. You will still be able to use this pipe with our front pipe or anyone else's front pipe that meets to the factory downpipe.
Awesome! Just ordered one then. If you're still filling back orders now, does that mean a pipe ordered now is going to take another 4 weeks to build and ship out?

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome! Just ordered one then. If you're still filling back orders now, does that mean a pipe ordered now is going to take another 4 weeks to build and ship out?
No, with our new version and adding two more full time welders we hope to minimize if not eliminate back-orders within the next few weeks while recovering from the amazing customers of black Friday. That being said your order of a dp only will go out next week (late next week)

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I order the catless DP FP combo this week, what type of turn around time are we looking at? @PRL Motorsports

Last edited:

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports Will the cat'd version also be able to use the lower heatshield as well? Also, any plans for offering ceramic coating?

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
i have a ref for cerakoting who does an excellent job and has done like a dozen downpipes for me and my friends. i've been working with her for years: tammi's custom coating,

https://www.facebook.com/Tammis-Custom-Coating-1231409830254692/

typically you would have prl ship to her and her coat and reship to you. highly recommend cerakote over white lightning.

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports Will the cat'd version also be able to use the lower heatshield as well? Also, any plans for offering ceramic coating?
You will be able to retain your stock OE heat shields. We have no plans to offer ceramic coatings for this product.
Sponsored