Joseph Santos

First Name
Fc3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe 2018
Country flag
What is the best Downpipe for 10th gen civic Si? would yall recommend but i know yall going to say rv6 cuz i has a front pipe on. but which one do you guys thinks is the best loud sound?
Sponsored

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Not sure how many people will be able to give to a true comparison as most people only go with 1 after market down-pipe. For me i went with the PRL HVDP with Front pipe and love it. Running it on a stock exhaust and notice more depth and character.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
What is the best Downpipe for 10th gen civic Si? would yall recommend but i know yall going to say rv6 cuz i has a front pipe on. but which one do you guys thinks is the best loud sound?
I don't think there's gonna be that much of a difference. From what I've heard and read they're pretty much all the same honestly. RV6 is the best bang for buck IMO cause the price of both the front and downpipe is usually around the same price of other competitor's downpipe alone. I got the catted RV6 combo for that reason and it increased volume a noticeable amount. No matter what you go with your exhaust will be louder

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Not sure how many people will be able to give to a true comparison as most people only go with 1 after market down-pipe. For me i went with the PRL HVDP with Front pipe and love it. Running it on a stock exhaust and notice more depth and character.
Me as well awesome set up not to loud but really wakes her up tho

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i went with PRL simply because i like to keep the same brand theme. if you're not a brand snob then it's whichever you can get the better price on. both are prominent brands have good reputations, made in america, and are knock-offs of other brands.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the PRL HVDP and so far it's good no cel and gives the stock exhuast and deeper tone. Might get the front pipe down the road if it's worth it, but simply comes down to whether you could get a good deal on either one both brands are good can't go wrong with either.

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
RV6 is a better design in my opinion. Sound will be the more or less the same regardless of brand

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
i went with PRL simply because i like to keep the same brand theme. if you're not a brand snob then it's whichever you can get the better price on. both are prominent brands have good reputations, made in america, and are knock-offs of other brands.
What do you mean by knock off? RV6 does their own design work lol and has been in the Honda/Acura game for a while now!

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
prl hvdp best one on the market in my opinion but no cel and carb approved plus its the widest for our car more flow quicker spool

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I got the PRL HVDP and so far it's good no cel and gives the stock exhuast and deeper tone. Might get the front pipe down the road if it's worth it, but simply comes down to whether you could get a good deal on either one both brands are good can't go wrong with either.
Front pipe is just as important it really helped get the hot exhaust away from the engine

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

young_bevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Currently running the rv6 dowpipe and I can say it wakes up the car more than my prl setup ever did. Build quality is also better than prl imo

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Currently running the rv6 dowpipe and I can say it wakes up the car more than my prl setup ever did. Build quality is also better than prl imo
That is prob true but the hvdp is in a different class there is no need to mess with shutting off monitors or messing with the o2 sensor location to not trip a cel and it is dyno proven on my car to let me spool up 300 rpms earlier witch in turn means faster times as opposed to their normal dp
Sponsored