PRL Downpipe Exhaust Clip + KTuner NLS

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Quick video clip of what the @PRL Motorsports downpipe combo sounds like with the factory Civic Si exhaust. I really enjoy the deep tone (for the most part -- there's a resonance right around 3700-4200 rpm from a heat shield that I need to clearance. I got lazy and didn't do it on the Si where as I did on the EXT).

Also --- demoing the NLS (No Lift Shift, aka flat out shift) that KTuner provides during the WOT run in the video (my foot stays down on the throttle the whole time).

Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Finally a good sound clip... sounds bad ass but yet not obnoxious at the same time:thumbsup:

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Sounds so good! This is exactly what we envisioned when we made this!

That sounds awesome.

Can we expect other 1.5 engines to sound similar since its the same engine?
We can expect the 1.5t platform to sound very similar across the board. Just tone differences due to exhausts.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Be willing to share a log with me just so I can see the difference between NLS actually being an option in the tune and just doing it anyways (I have those logs... Lol). maybe just a screenshot of rpm/tps.cmd/boost/timing?

Last edited:

piatikantrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Quick video clip of what the @PRL Motorsports downpipe combo sounds like with the factory Civic Si exhaust. I really enjoy the deep tone (for the most part -- there's a resonance right around 3700-4200 rpm from a heat shield that I need to clearance. I got lazy and didn't do it on the Si where as I did on the EXT).

Also --- demoing the NLS (No Lift Shift, aka flat out shift) that KTuner provides during the WOT run in the video (my foot stays down on the throttle the whole time).

How is the drone in low rpm at highway speeds with this combo?