vasilas432

First Name
Vassilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport plus 2019
Country flag
No worries, I ll let you know what the emissions test reads as soon as I install mine! July 9th is not that far and another 2 weeks after that I ll know exactly whats going on!

When you have yours installed go for the tune immediately. Angelos told me to go up to 2.500 before the tune.
Who tunes your car?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you have yours installed go for the tune immediately. Angelos told me to go up to 2.500 before the tune.
Who tunes your car?
I am gonna run with Gear Tech (George Zobolas).

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This would make sense if the gasses volume was too big for the exhaust. The DP helps mainly with the less restrictive catalyst (or no catalyst at all). The velocity of the gases in combination to the volume produced by the small turbo can be handled by the stock exhaust, which is pretty much straight without too many bends. If you dont like the stock sound, go for an exhaust or completely delete the mufflers. The front pipe could be swapped but not necessarily if all you seek is gains. Honestly if there was an aftermarket bolt-on option available, I d buy it in a heart beat. But I am still torn (although leaning towards to fabricating it) if I should get a custom FP or not. The stock exhaust is perfectly fine for the stock turbo performance-wise.
27Won actually has a FP-only option with their exhaust kit but I don't know if it'll mate up to the stock exhaust the rest of the way. That's a big part of the reason I'm planning on doing the whole DP-FP-back set when I have the funds for it, plus it looks and sounds beautiful.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27Won actually has a FP-only option with their exhaust kit but I don't know if it'll mate up to the stock exhaust the rest of the way. That's a big part of the reason I'm planning on doing the whole DP-FP-back set when I have the funds for it, plus it looks and sounds beautiful.
I have a CRV and unfortunately noone bothers with my fat @ss. I have to do a lot of customization and DIY. The only bolt-on thing I ve got is the DP and that even triggers the CEL. Hopefully Ktuner will chip in and help on that. If I had a civic, I d go for the full package. DP-FP and exhaust.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a CRV and unfortunately noone bothers with my fat @ss. I have to do a lot of customization and DIY. The only bolt-on thing I ve got is the DP and that even triggers the CEL. Hopefully Ktuner will chip in and help on that.
Ah I didn't notice that. I have a '19 Hatch Sport and a '20 CR-V (technically my gfs), and even though the engine is the same, the driving experience is dramatically different. It feels like the CR-V doesn't want to rev up as quickly/smoothly, but the turbo is much more audible in it because of the higher boost. Really interesting to go back and forth between them.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Every bolt-on that changes (hopefully improves lol) the air flow patterns / capacity (intake, IC, DP/FP, exhaust) will require fine tuning in order to achieve two things
a) adjust fueling to make sure you don't run too lean or too rich (both are bad in a DI engine) after the change in volume of air
b) take advantage of the increased air flow capacity and turn it into horsepower by fine tuning boost / ignition

our friends in the US are lucky to not have to deal with A because they run closed loop in WOT so the ECU deals with the air flow changes (or the delta in AFR) via STFT/LTFT so they don't need to worry about reliability at all.
Us EUDM (and other market like in Asia) don't have this luxury so it is better to rely on proper and detailed calibration than luck :)

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah I didn't notice that. I have a '19 Hatch Sport and a '20 CR-V (technically my gfs), and even though the engine is the same, the driving experience is dramatically different. It feels like the CR-V doesn't want to rev up as quickly/smoothly, but the turbo is much more audible in it because of the higher boost. Really interesting to go back and forth between them.
The V is significantly heavier. Plus I dont know how the CVT behaves/is tuned for the V. I have a manual gearbox, same gearbox, same clutch, same flywheel as the civic. Makes things easier if I want to install an aftermarket clutch, problem is which clutch (Emann's is too expensive for overseas shipping because of taxes plus availability is not steady and delivery times are a question mark. People do seem happy with ACT. PRL do sell competition clutch as I saw on instagram but I havent read any reviews.

Every bolt-on that changes (hopefully improves lol) the air flow patterns / capacity (intake, IC, DP/FP, exhaust) will require fine tuning in order to achieve two things
a) adjust fueling to make sure you don't run too lean or too rich (both are bad in a DI engine) after the change in volume of air
b) take advantage of the increased air flow capacity and turn it into horsepower by fine tuning boost / ignition

our friends in the US are lucky to not have to deal with A because they run closed loop in WOT so the ECU deals with the air flow changes (or the delta in AFR) via STFT/LTFT so they don't need to worry about reliability at all.
Us EUDM (and other market like in Asia) don't have this luxury so it is better to rely on proper and detailed calibration than luck :)
Arent we on closed loop when WOT and open loop when part throttle?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Arent we on closed loop when WOT and open loop when part throttle?
Nope, closed loop is when the ECU employs STFT/LTFT to correct deviations of AFR vs Target. This always happens on cruising / light acceleration to keep close to stoich and emission compliance. During open loop, the ECU will only measure air flow and environmental conditions and predetermine the amount of fuel per stroke.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope, closed loop is when the ECU employs STFT/LTFT to correct deviations of AFR vs Target. This always happens on cruising / light acceleration to keep close to stoich and emission compliance. During open loop, the ECU will only measure air flow and environmental conditions and predetermine the amount of fuel per stroke.
Sorry meant the other way round??

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Αγωνιστικούς χαιρετισμούς μάστορα....!

Got myself one as well. You can either buy it from hondaperfromances or directly from PRL. I did the latter one, though ebay. They support the global shipping program so no worries about customs charges. Total cost including shipping and customs was 620€. 27WON have a 200cel so I was torn between RV6 and PRL. Both are 300CEL, RV6 does offer coating but I did not want to risk too high import charges. With the global shipping program there are no surprises. Already got the intake and will choose them for the TIP as well.

Power gains are definitely there but ideally you must go for custom tuning. Exhaust noise doesnt change, but there is a bit more growl when you step on it.

Thing is @KTuner hasn't given me the option to disable the slow response errors so the Check Engine Light is a major pain. Hope Ktuner will not leave me high and dry. :cry::bow:

Who is doing your ECU? Gear Tech, Nikiforos or EF9? ΜΟΝΟ HONDA ΛΕΜΕ!
Just a small, public shoutout to @KTuner . I can hardly thank the man for updating the software. Now I can take full potential of the custom tune without he Check Engine Light ruining the fun. I have said it before but I will say it again. Go with Ktuner. He took time to update the software for a car that is not common for tuning to say the least.
Sponsored