Wylde06

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Came up on a killer deal on a PRL Cobra for my 1.5t hatchback and had a few questions.

The street maf doesnt require a tune, right? I wasnt planning doing anything until Spring, but this is going to be too hard to pass up unless a tune is required. I plan on getting a ktuner come spring.

Any reason I would need to keep the stock intake? The deal is that we would swap intakes (plus some cash) He is going to trade his hatchback in for a new Type R, but wants to put stock back in and doesnt have one. The PRL is only a few months old.

I'm leaning towards doing this but wanted to get some answers on a few things first.

TIA

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Came up on a killer deal on a PRL Cobra for my 1.5t hatchback and had a few questions.

The street maf doesnt require a tune, right? I wasnt planning doing anything until Spring, but this is going to be too hard to pass up unless a tune is required. I plan on getting a ktuner come spring.

Any reason I would need to keep the stock intake? The deal is that we would swap intakes (plus some cash) He is going to trade his hatchback in for a new Type R, but wants to put stock back in and doesnt have one. The PRL is only a few months old.

I'm leaning towards doing this but wanted to get some answers on a few things first.

TIA
Rule #1 of modding your car: keep all original parts! You'd be surprised how much they cost when u need them again.

You'll be just fine running the street maf on a stock tune. Happy modding :headbang:

555sexydrive

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2010 Honda Fit RS (in Japan collecting dust)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just today installed my new PRL with race MAF, all I can say...DO IT!!! The car has become fun to drive. It was ok before it, just over a month old, but it just wasn’t really giving me any real feeling. It has about 80hp more than my GE8 Fit back in Japan (a bit more now with the PRL and +9 Hondata cal), but that thing was soooo much fun driving, especially on circuit, it’s hefty weight savings played a role, but even not as fast it justfelt more fun. PRL to the rescue, the car has completely woken up and now I need to watch my heavy foot as it accelerates with much more authority. And now the intake has an aural presence where as the stock setup was so completely muted. Actually can hear blowoff now upon upshifts. I will say be Nike, JUST DO IT!