whitecarboi24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si x gen
Country flag
Hello so i was thinking about getting the prl cobra intake for my stock x gen si. I just wanted to hear any opinions. I know absolutely nothing about cars or tuning. I saw that you should get the car tuned after installing an intake? Can I just install the intake from a shop and be done? I just want to hear the pshhhhh.
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Install it yourself. It's easy and takes less than 45 minutes. If you don't have the necessary tools, ask a friend. If you go to a shop, you're looking at around $200-300 in labour give or take.

You only need a tune if you get the RACE MAF if you use the STREET MAF you will be fine but I highly recommend you get a Ktuner or Hondata if you are looking into modifying your Si

OP
OP
whitecarboi24

whitecarboi24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si x gen
Country flag
Install it yourself. It's easy and takes less than 45 minutes. If you don't have the necessary tools, ask a friend. If you go to a shop, you're looking at around $200-300 in labour give or take.

You only need a tune if you get the RACE MAF if you use the STREET MAF you will be fine but I highly recommend you get a Ktuner or Hondata if you are looking into modifying your Si
What’s the difference between the street and race option?

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Street you don't need a specific tune, race you do however. I think the race has some sort of bigger opening or something where you have to program the ecu to account for the larger incoming amount of air.

I have the street version installed and it is COMPLETELY worth it. I would not cheap out on an intake. The previous owner of my car did and put an Injen SRI and it caused all sorts of problems and my air intake temp was super high.

You can install it yourself. It is super easy to do. I did mine with no previous experience within 1 hour.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Race MAF housing has a wider diameter (more air), and without tuning, your ECU can't account for the extra air.

For installation, any basic set of sockets will get the job done.
Sponsored