Does PRL’s CAI...

• Total voters

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Love this intake system so much. As soon as you hear the sssssssssss, you know the boost has turned on and the little 1.5T engine is ready to take off.

Absolutely crushed all expectations and then some. I honestly don’t feel the need to do a resonator delete anymore either since it seems like the car has gotten louder from the engine bay.
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love this intake system so much. As soon as you hear the sssssssssss, you know the boost has turned on and the little 1.5T engine is ready to take off.

Absolutely crushed all expectations and then some. I honestly don’t feel the need to do a resonator delete anymore either since it seems like the car has gotten louder from the engine bay.
Having done the resonator delete first, and then installing the PRL Cobra, the car sounds so good.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
I'm very interested by this CAI. But it doesn't fit on Canadian cars. I'm waiting for a kit or instruction to make it work.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I'm very interested by this CAI. But it doesn't fit on Canadian cars. I'm waiting for a kit or instruction to make it work.
It's already been discussed, buying the USDM washer reservoir and then installing the intake.

tapakidney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OK, I know nothing about modding a car - never considered it until recently. Does this add a little power, but is mainly done for the cool, iconic sound it gives? Is this an install that a layman could do, if following clear directions?

OP
OP
ne0guri

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
OK, I know nothing about modding a car - never considered it until recently. Does this add a little power, but is mainly done for the cool, iconic sound it gives? Is this an install that a layman could do, if following clear directions?
There is definitely a small bump in power. Obviously it’s nothing compared to getting a down pipe and a tune, but for a straight bolt on piece, it’s impressive I even feel gains at all.

But as PRL mentioned, I do notice a dip in torque/power at low ranges.

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag

Is this allowed by the dmv? And does your warranty from the manufacturer will be voided if ever? Sorry just new on customizing cars
Sponsored