NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not CARB legal. Hence all the "Race/Off-Road Use Only" disclaimers. Getting CARB approved is expensive AF and not a lot of companies can/want to spend the money on it.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates on this...i wanna put a cobra on my HB sport but I'm afraid of the CARB gestapo
I live in California and FBO with W1 turbo. Don't worry lol if your going aftermarket then you cannot worry about Carb legality. Just don't be stupid and get state reffed

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Any updates on this...i wanna put a cobra on my HB sport but I'm afraid of the CARB gestapo
No news as of yet, probably won't for months either. The CARB approval process is rather lengthy. Things are still in movement, though, we can assure you that! :)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
As we're creeping up on a year from our last real answer. We have repetitively provided the same information countless times with our contacts. From there we wait several weeks for a response to which we are asked for information we've provided at least 1-2 times prior. Treading through the mud and trying to get somewhere with this is extremely difficult and frustrating. This is a government process and it's running as smoothly as concrete in a blender. We had hoped to have many of our intake systems approved and have a number by now. Never did we think it would take this long without progress.

For now we have no resolution but to wait and keep trying to progress and get approved/denied.:thumbsdown:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As we're creeping up on a year from our last real answer. We have repetitively provided the same information countless times with our contacts. From there we wait several weeks for a response to which we are asked for information we've provided at least 1-2 times prior. Treading through the mud and trying to get somewhere with this is extremely difficult and frustrating. This is a government process and it's running as smoothly as concrete in a blender. We had hoped to have many of our intake systems approved and have a number by now. Never did we think it would take this long without progress.

For now we have no resolution but to wait and keep trying to progress and get approved/denied.:thumbsdown:
Sounds like the CARB certification board is working hard to encourage compliance. :rolleyes:

BWSI

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
No news as of yet, probably won't for months either. The CARB approval process is rather lengthy. Things are still in movement, though, we can assure you that! :)
I just came across this thread. Are you guys still is the process of getting the street version carb approved?
Sponsored