PRL Cobra cai shop install?

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Hey I was wondering if anybody here got theirs installed at a shop. I don't have a lift and don't have any of the tools, plus I don't plan on doing future mods so I dont mind having a shop install it. But my main question is what do you think it should cost? I'm in the Dallas TX area. I have already contacted a reputable shop but they quoted $300 for labor which sounds like way too much to me. I was expecting $100-200. I know this shop has installed these intakes multiple times before so they should be able to do it in 1 hour and it should be easy for them.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$300 is way high. In my opinion you are better off spending the money on a jack and basic tools that most all of us should own anyways, but if you are determined to have someone else do it (you may have a valid reason) I am sure you can do better than $300.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Get yourself some ramps (I really like Race Ramps and they can be purchased on Amazon) and just do it yourself. It's super easy and absolutely not worth $300 of labor.

Bonus is that now you have ramps to do whatever else you may need to do under the car in the future.

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shop by my place quoted 220. Seemed high, but they said it's time intensive because of matching up brackets and getting access, etc.

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey I was wondering if anybody here got theirs installed at a shop. I don't have a lift and don't have any of the tools, plus I don't plan on doing future mods so I dont mind having a shop install it. But my main question is what do you think it should cost? I'm in the Dallas TX area. I have already contacted a reputable shop but they quoted $300 for labor which sounds like way too much to me. I was expecting $100-200. I know this shop has installed these intakes multiple times before so they should be able to do it in 1 hour and it should be easy for them.
You'll eventually need to take care of the filter... doing that from the top could get annoying.

OP
OP
CivicOops

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Quick Update. I found a fairly reputable shop that did the install in about 50 minutes and they charged $100 even. The shop had a lot of experience with Honda's so it was no problem for them.

Last edited:

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Quick Update. I found a fairly reputable shop that did the install in about 50 minutes and they charged $100 even. The shop has a lot of experience with Honda's so it was no problem for them. Everything seems good.
What shop was this?