PRL Cobra CAI Race Tuning

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The intake is great but had to have the Ktuner to have it run correctly made a significant difference in acceleration but once I upgraded to the TSP stage 1 tune it is a totally different car. I didnt keep it on the provided basemap long.
Were there any major changes that needed to be made to the TSP stage 1 tune to get it to work properly with the Race MAF? I've got just the 19.5-23 psi basemap plus what Ktuner provided for the Race MAF and am always looking to get the car to perform at a higher level.
Sponsored

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Were there any major changes that needed to be made to the TSP stage 1 tune to get it to work properly with the Race MAF? I've got just the 19.5-23 psi basemap plus what Ktuner provided for the Race MAF and am always looking to get the car to perform at a higher level.
No when you order tell them its for the Race MAF. Mine on 93 octane hits a max of 26psi

siguy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI Sedan 2018
Country flag
Will this calibration work for a race MAF/SRI combo? Or is it CAI specific?

siguy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI Sedan 2018
Country flag
It was created with the CAI, but may do well with the SRI as well. Happy to review your data if you have one.
I don't have one yet, still shopping around. But thank you for offering!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
i have an SRI race MAF housing on an Si with your scaled basemap. IATs are ridiculously low right now and will be for the rest of the winter though. K.ctrl never breaks from 0.49, so my logs are unlikely to be interesting right now.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
i have an SRI race MAF housing on an Si with your scaled basemap. IATs are ridiculously low right now and will be for the rest of the winter though. K.ctrl never breaks from 0.49, so my logs are unlikely to be interesting right now.
How are the fuel trims?

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
I have only been looking at lambda on the v2 screen, but it is running leaner than I would expect a motor like this to run.

Ex: last night in sixth a few blips up to 2-6psi and lambda appeared to settle on 14.2 on boost. It can also run, at partial vac, low speed, but lpart throttle, slightly higher than stoich, maybe 15.7-9

I have been really lazy about logging, but I could start logging if you want to look over the data. The only non-stock powertrain component is the sri and the ktuner program

Note though that my injectors are particularly noisy and I rack up knock events from the sensors. The ecu has managed to learn that those are false alarms and settled on zero timing pull.