PRL Cobra CAI Race Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just got my Ktuner yesterday and have done some preliminary tuning. I'm looking to install a PRL Cobra CAI Race intake next and know that it needs some tuning due to the increased airflow. What settings need adjusting or is there a tune that is already created to adjust for this intake?
Sponsored

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
We have a calibration for this. Email us when you have it.
Do you have a calibration for the street MAF for the cobra intake for civic civic si?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have a calibration for this. Email us when you have it.
Oh you do? I plan on ordering the PRL race maf setup asap then (Had the CAI for months, just haven't installed it yet). I am using your Stage 2 tune atm. I have a question or two for you before I do though.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Oh you do? I plan on ordering the PRL race maf setup asap then (Had the CAI for months, just haven't installed it yet). I am using your Stage 2 tune atm. I have a question or two for you before I do though.
You've tested for me previously, so I'd be open to testing with you again if you want!

Reactions: Myx

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a calibration for the street MAF for the cobra intake for civic civic si?
Street MAF doesn’t need a tune

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You've tested for me previously, so I'd be open to testing with you again if you want!
I appreciate the offer and I'll gladly accept it. It was great working with you before. On that note, I just ordered the PRL race maf. Will get in touch once it arrives.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate the offer and I'll gladly accept it. It was great working with you before. On that note, I just ordered the PRL race maf. Will get in touch once it arrives.
You won't regret it :headbang:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL doesn't goof around. The Race maf arrived a few hours ago. Thanks PRL! In the meantime, I'll get the PRL CAI installed and then will contact Ktuner afterwards. A little premature to contact now. Definitely will be testing the PRL CAI and stock maf vs the Race maf at the dragstrip. Particularly interested in the trap speed but everything else as well. I have no expectations. Just like testing things instead of hearsay.

Will take measurments and all as well just for personal documentation.

In all honesty, I'm hoping to knock off 1/10th - 2/10th in the 1/4 mile to a 13.7-13.8 or so. A little progress is always better than none at all. Maybe an extra 1mph in trap speed. Will see! Weather pending of course.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Cobra CAI Race Tuning PRL Race Maf and Tube

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Cobra CAI Race Tuning PRL Race Maf

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
why don't you just run ethanol if you want a real improvement

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
why don't you just run ethanol if you want a real improvement
I always try to get the most out of what I got. Most of the time, I barely go beyond intake, exhaust, a tune and wheel modifications. They almost always are sufficient. Not looking for more torque on the lowend either. Anything to enhance the topend though is a great bonus but not too much due to the CVT. Honestly, the car is already quicker than what I've read most people thought it would be. Barely scratched the surface.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ethanol greatly improves the top end
I did look into this late last year when all the buzz was being talked about it. I only had one e85 station near me and was told most of the time they don't have it. I was looking into it to beat MadMatt's 1/4 mile time on street tires.
Delaware E85

Taking baby steps for now. ;)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always try to get the most out of what I got. Most of the time, I barely go beyond intake, exhaust, a tune and wheel modifications. They almost always are sufficient. Not looking for more torque on the lowend either. Anything to enhance the topend though is a great bonus but not too much due to the CVT. Honestly, the car is already quicker than what I've read most people thought it would be. Barely scratched the surface.
A while back ago I worked closely tuning with a friend (both on ethanol blends, similar tunes) and his CVT car with similar mods was consistently faster according to our data logs on the top end because of the CVT gearing. (as opposed to my 6MT hatch)

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the PRL CAI a little earlier. Drove it around a bit to make sure everything is cool. No problem, no issues! Fired up my old school laptop with the Ktuner program installed and for some reason, it can't make an internet connection. Guess I'll have to 'get with the program' and order a Ktuner V2 and no longer use this old laptop. Wasn't quite ready to purchase one now. I will look into it :oops:.
Sponsored