PRL cobra CAI muffled sound

Sadboi.mke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Hello,

I've had my PRL cobra CAI on my honda civic 2018 si for a year now. I took off the cone to clean and followed the procedure and noted no visible damage on cone or leaks in the system. The whooshing noise is a lot quieter and sometimes it has like a muffled slight rattle when I'm accelerating. I still able to reach 26psi. The only mods are the TSP stage 1 tune, the type r clutch, and awe tuning touring exhaust. I have tried reaching out to PRL, but have not gotten a response. I'm new to posting, my bad if this is the wrong thread, please redirect me, thanks!
Sponsored

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
A representative here recalls answering an email very similar to your situation last week. It may be in your spam/junk folder. Please contact us via [email protected] if you haven't already, and we will be happy to troubleshoot if this issue persists.

OP
OP

Sadboi.mke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
A representative here recalls answering an email very similar to your situation last week. It may be in your spam/junk folder. Please contact us via [email protected] if you haven't already, and we will be happy to troubleshoot if this issue persists.
It was in the spam, thank you!

Lpskate21

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe (FC3)
Country flag
What was the response to this? I am having a similar issue. 2019 but the same mods besides the clutch. Reaches target boost levels but after around 8psi the sounds of the hissing diminishes. Blow off sound is still there but slightly less volume than before this issue. Checked all intake clamps and hoses no issues there. Not sure what it could be.
Sponsored