PRL Cobra CAI - Maf Sensor Intake Temperature Question - IAT

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those of you with the PRL Cobra CAI and can measure your intake air temperature (IAT), what is the difference you see between ambient air temperature and maf sensor IAT? I already found data for what the difference is on a car with the stock intake (+30F higher maf sensor IAT). I'm looking for data specifically about the PRL CAI. Been searching for this for a while today but somehow can't find info on it. Thanks in advance!

BTW: I even went to PRL Motorsports website and they mentioned what the IAT temps were but no info on what the ambient temp was during their dyno runs.
Also, this question is in no relation to the intake air temperature post intercooler. I have no questions on that (Trying to keep this thread on topic). I am ONLY asking about the maf sensor intake air temperator. Thanks!
Sponsored

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
On the stock intake I would get anywhere from +30 to +60 over ambient. Typically somewhere in between.

Since I've installed the Cobra with the race MAF, I'm seeing +10 to +30 over ambient at most under normal conditions. While moving, I'd say I average about +15-20 which is an order of magnitude lower than I got stock.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the stock intake I would get anywhere from +30 to +60 over ambient. Typically somewhere in between.

Since I've installed the Cobra with the race MAF, I'm seeing +10 to +30 over ambient at most under normal conditions. While moving, I'd say I average about +15-20 which is an order of magnitude lower than I got stock.
Big thanks! These are the numbers I will be trying to shoot for or beat with a personal intake. I appreciate the info. I'll be testing homemade intake IATs tomorrow. I read this link ~~> Compressor Efficiency and More
Going to try to make the stock turbo as efficient as possible. And really lower temps of my SRI. Just needed a reasonable end goal lower temp to try to get to.
Sponsored