Jef10

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
Hi everyone, I recently installed the PRL cobra cai on my car. Now that it is going to be winter with all the salt and snow I don’t feel comfortable leaving my cai on and would like to convert it to the short ram. I was wondering if any of you have done this and if you kept the mounting brackets for the cai in while it was set up as short ram. Any issues with this? Or should I just take the extra step and take them out.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi everyone, I recently installed the PRL cobra cai on my car. Now that it is going to be winter with all the salt and snow I don’t feel comfortable leaving my cai on and would like to convert it to the short ram. I was wondering if any of you have done this and if you kept the mounting brackets for the cai in while it was set up as short ram. Any issues with this? Or should I just take the extra step and take them out.
Unless you’re sitting in 12+ inches of water with a WOT it’s going to take some effort to hydrolock this engine. Not saying it’s not possible but the odds are slim, especially since the water has got to get through the intake, turbo, intercooler, and then the engine. Plus there is under-shielding as well and the filter sits behind the fog light cover so it’s pretty well isolated away from the elements

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Hey Jack, if it's any peace of mind, several of our employees drove our shop Si through snow/rain/salt for two winters without a single issue. We're located in Pittsburgh, Pa - very similar climatic conditions to New Jersey. Undershielding will prevent any snowpack on the filter, but if you are still concerned the short ram conversion is relatively cheap and easy to convert to.
Sponsored