SithCRV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 CRV EX
Country flag
So disclaimer I am in a 2017 CRV EX but you guys seem to have all the fun over here so bare with me.

so ,I am running a ktuner 1.2., I am using the 21/base maps they supply for the CRV platfomr and I thnk its all ok but boots never get near the 21 usually max out at 16-17 and yes running 91 octaine shell gas (because well Canada and well no other stations im the city I am in have good 91.)
getting back on track.... I just installed a PRL Catted downpipe, and as everyone is well aware it says on PRLs site, i will require a tune... fair enough.

So i contact Ktuner to inquire about adjusting my tune or how to set this up... as prl informed me when i asked about the tune that " Yes, for the downpipe you will need a tune. Your Ktuner will have the tune programmed in for it." Ok great, so I contact Ktuner to ask about this and get the response form them that "All exhaust modifications are supported with the included tunes."

so now I am at a loss... So far everyone I have asked tells me I need a custom tune, PRL and Ktuner say hey its all there..... but wtf... where?

oh and I will be adding a street maf cobra cold air but from what I can see i don't need a tune adjustment for that.

Is anyone able to help me out? or point me to the hey you.. yes you the Canadian dumb ass just do this in the software and your good to go...??

but i digress, in all honesty is anyone able to help?
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We make the product. The tunes were tested with all exhaust modifications and are fine to run. I'm not sure what other confirmation you need. Perhaps PRL was referring to needing a tuner for disables, because most aftermarket pipes lead to error codes, which is something completely different.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
probably referring to catalytic effeciency code. You donā€™t need a custom tune to eliminate the code. Disabling p0420 is easy you check or uncheck a box re-saving the prl base map and reloading it. Itā€™s literally marked p0420. Iā€™m not sure what the problem Is either. Your listening to forum junkies instead of the guy who designed it. All tunes both hondata and ktuner maps work with parts listed in tunes.
You can disable it using one selected tabs in the left column. It will bring up codes to disable. Itā€™s in this picture
You check the box to disable it. Donā€™t touch anything else. Re-save the file then reload.
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Catted downpipe ktuner help 4BA6624F-44BE-4AFD-990A-042226153622

OP
OP
SithCRV

SithCRV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 CRV EX
Country flag
probably referring to catalytic effeciency code. You donā€™t need a custom tune to eliminate the code. Disabling p0420 is easy you check or uncheck a box re-saving the prl base map and reloading it. Itā€™s literally marked p0420. Iā€™m not sure what the problem Is either. Your listening to forum junkies instead of the guy who designed it. All tunes both hondata and ktuner maps work with parts listed in tunes.
You can disable it using one selected tabs in the left column. It will bring up codes to disable. Itā€™s in this picture
You check the box to disable it. Donā€™t touch anything else. Re-save the file then reload.
4BA6624F-44BE-4AFD-990A-042226153622.png
That is what I thought and have done already, but I have had a lot of guys message me and say i need a custom tune because the cat gives better flow and reduces back pressure... so it could be problematic and no offence to PRL or Ktuner but vague answers to a noob suck. explain it like I'm 5... I will learn something and stop pestering lol.....

been 20+ years since i tinkered with an engine, its coming back slow becuase im old.
But shit 20 years ago it was not as simple as today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SithCRV

SithCRV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 CRV EX
Country flag
We make the product. The tunes were tested with all exhaust modifications and are fine to run. I'm not sure what other confirmation you need. Perhaps PRL was referring to needing a tuner for disables, because most aftermarket pipes lead to error codes, which is something completely different.
So to confirm, other then disable... the higher exhaust flow is taken into account? which is good to hear but why since swapping to the downpipe has my boost dropped has only hit 17 on max with the 21 tune.? I am still running the 91 octane and my knock is between 53-60 it was at 49-55 prior to the cat install ( with room for higher after a bit of spirited driving)

I did disable the o2 sensor error, with the last reflash and did the 21/stock dual tune and adjusted the throttle Responsiveness, Turbo Responsiveness,
and Boost target to improved 1. thats all. just feels less then it was prior to the downpipe install... and the tune seemed to go flawless.

OP
OP
SithCRV

SithCRV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 CRV EX
Country flag
And excuse my ignorance in all this, last time i worked on an engine... tuning it was adjusting the carburetor.... lol
Sponsored