cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I'm ordering the Ktuner with TSP Stage 1 and a PRL CAI today and remembered that you have to select which MAF sensor you want on the CAI. Now I know the Race MAF requires tuning (which I'm getting at the same time so that's a moot point), but other than the Race MAF sensor making a bit more power possibly, what are the differences? Are there any other drivability and livability differences between the two versions of the PRL CAI along with the TSP Stage 1?
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm ordering the Ktuner with TSP Stage 1 and a PRL CAI today and remembered that you have to select which MAF sensor you want on the CAI. Now I know the Race MAF requires tuning (which I'm getting at the same time so that's a moot point), but other than the Race MAF sensor making a bit more power possibly, what are the differences? Are there any other drivability and livability differences between the two versions of the PRL CAI along with the TSP Stage 1?
Other than needing to be tuned for and having a higher flow rate giving more power, theres no other drivability differences that I have noticed. If switching back to an intake system that uses a OEM (street) sized maf housing, you'll have to have your tune reworked to accommodate that. If you're only using the base maps, then just uncheck the prl race maf calibration and re flash.

I ran a K&N typhoon 69 series before my current prl cai race maf so that's where I'm making my comparison from.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are no differences in driving from what I noticed. There was no difference in 1/4 mile times as well.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
The Race MAF the MAF can read more air coming into it to change the timing. That’s why it requires a tune because without it, it’s outside of the stock MAF volt limits to tell the ECU what to do. Now there are bottlenecks that essential renders the tiny difference worthless and that is the pancake turbo inlet pipe and intercooler piping. Now in everyday driving and spirited driving it’s basically the same. Until you begin upgrading other parts that increases volume sizes to allow for more air. Even though there’s essentially no difference daily driving between the two it’s better to get the Race to prepare you for future mods like a bigger IC and the 27won or PRL turbo inlet piping once those drop

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
The Race MAF the MAF can read more air coming into it to change the timing. That’s why it requires a tune because without it, it’s outside of the stock MAF volt limits to tell the ECU what to do. Now there are bottlenecks that essential renders the tiny difference worthless and that is the pancake turbo inlet pipe and intercooler piping. Now in everyday driving and spirited driving it’s basically the same. Until you begin upgrading other parts that increases volume sizes to allow for more air. Even though there’s essentially no difference daily driving between the two it’s better to get the Race to prepare you for future mods like a bigger IC and the 27won or PRL turbo inlet piping once those drop
I’ve been waiting on prl or 27won to drop the turbo inlet piping before I upgrade to The 27won W1 turbo.
Whomever drops it first is gonna sell a ton...

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
OP, my personal opinion is that unless you are going bigger turbo (or some other mod that will significantly increase your air flow), just stick w/ a stock size MAF housing. A larger MAF housing requires a tune, so if you ever need to take your car in for warranty service where there's a chance they check your ECU you'll need to swap back to a stock size MAF. With a stock size MAF, you can just reflash to stock w/o removing the intake.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve been waiting on prl or 27won to drop the turbo inlet piping before I upgrade to The 27won W1 turbo.
Same lol, waiting on the turbo inlet pipe to drop so the 10th gen community can break the internet lol

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same lol, waiting on the turbo inlet pipe to drop so the 10th gen community can break the internet lol
So true! Haha. And with all the social distancing going on all I want to do is work on my Danm car lol

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Thanks for the info, all! I think I'll go Race MAF as my eventual plans at the very end of the year/early 2021 include 27WON Turbo and Turbo Inlet Pipe.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the info, all! I think I'll go Race MAF as my eventual plans at the very end of the year/early 2021 include 27WON Turbo and Turbo Inlet Pipe.
Not sure what your plans are for the car, but I came across a 2018 Si on drob’s page about a month ago that has almost exact same set up as I have currently (prl CAI, prl inteecooler, rv6 fp/dp, MAPerformance race exhaust, KTuner v1.2) and he also has the flex fuel kit and 27won turbo and was able to tune for 336 hp/335 tq on E35 blend and 295 hp / 293 tq on 93 octane which is pretty much exactly where I want to be until the car is paid off.
just a nice little FYI :)

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Guys, the 27Won Turbo Inlet Pipe is already out. The first batch of them have already been snatched up. They started selling them last week and sold out within about 7hrs. Cost is around $330 or so.
27Won Turbo Inlet Pipe

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So true! Haha. And with all the social distancing going on all I want to do is work on my Danm car lol
Guys, the 27Won Turbo Inlet Pipe is already out. The first batch of them have already been snatched up. They started selling them last week and sold out within about 7hrs. Cost is around $330 or so.
27Won Turbo Inlet Pipe
I know, but like you said they sold out... imma wait on PRL also see which one is more price competitive anyways it’s not like if I placed the order now I’ll receive it anytime soon lol

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag
did 27won release the Race MAF with it as well? I mean what would be the advantage to get the upgraded inlet pip w/o their Race MAF housing?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did 27won release the Race MAF with it as well? I mean what would be the advantage to get the upgraded inlet pip w/o their Race MAF housing?
Their intake only comes in a stock MAF size I believe, but they are selling a Race MAF size hose to accommodate for the PRL CAI for an additional cost with the purchase of the inlet pipe

Last edited:

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag