With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Just installed a prl cai and drove it and ghe woosh sound was amazing. The following day it rained and so water got into the intake I assume and i think the filter got a little wet. I sealed up the lip holes with duct tape and hope no more water gets in but the woosh sound is not therr anymore. Did I damage my filter because of the rain? Will i need to change the filter and "seal" the area around the filter? Am I at risk for hydrolocking my engine? I am kinda nervous right now. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Doesn’t take much honestly. Definitely don’t drive it around more. Make sure the filter is fully dried before driving again.

If you did damage, you will be lighting up with a bunch of codes and it will not run properly. You can feel it.

OP
OP
With_extra_salt

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Doesn’t take much honestly. Definitely don’t drive it around more. Make sure the filter is fully dried before driving again.

If you did damage, you will be lighting up with a bunch of codes and it will not run properly. You can feel it.
I just realized after installing the cai that my carbon lip has vents going directly to the cai. Gotta change it back to oem quick, hopefully the tape covers the vents long enought for my other lip to come in

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The car computer probably adjusted, disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and I bet the sound comes back for a short time.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just installed a prl cai and drove it and ghe woosh sound was amazing. The following day it rained and so water got into the intake I assume and i think the filter got a little wet. I sealed up the lip holes with duct tape and hope no more water gets in but the woosh sound is not therr anymore. Did I damage my filter because of the rain? Will i need to change the filter and "seal" the area around the filter? Am I at risk for hydrolocking my engine? I am kinda nervous right now. Any help will be greatly appreciated
This is why I got the 27WON CAI over the PRL CAI as I was concerned about rain water messing up the intake and hydrolocking the engine. The trade-off of this added protection from Hydrolock is that the 27WON CAI whoosh noise is much more quiet compared to the PRL one.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Unless you sit in water that has the intake submerged and rev the engine enough to fill the entire internal volume of all the intake piping you will not “hydro lock” your engine. I believe that the engine would stall due to lack of air before any appreciable amount of water even makes it to the engine. The computer will adjust for small amounts of water which is very common in fuel by way of condensation in the cars tank and the holding tank at the station. It has been a very wet winter here in NC and I drive my lowered wagon with the PRL all the time without issue. Drive sensibly, avoid deep water, and clean and re-oil regularly and you’ll be fine.
Sponsored