PRL BIG TURBO. Who’s running it?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not a numbers guy so i've never ventured to the strip and probably never will. just my fun little daily car i like to throw money at. right now it doesnt shift at high rpm well so still waiting on the kzcmc i ordered last week.
Impressive numbers regardless. Again, congrats and hope you enjoy the hell out of your car. ;)
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone run the 2860r gen2 on a sport hatch?
Is it safe? Can anyone pitch in? I would make this switch in a heart beat.

OP
OP
airickmatthews

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Me. Lol.
I ended up making the switch from w1 to Prl. Tuned with drob. I love it. But we are limited with fuel pressure drop on the non si. I’m pushing 25psi.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Me. Lol.

I ended up making the switch from w1 to Prl. Tuned with drob. I love it. But we are limited with fuel pressure drop on the non si. I’m pushing 25psi.
How much power are you making now compared to having the w1?

OP
OP
airickmatthews

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
How much power are you making now compared to having the w1?
I never got around to dyno with the w1, and haven’t had time to do the Prl. So no clue on a numbersI will say... it’s not really a night and day difference going from the w1 to Prl. But going from stock to Prl you’d be 1000% happy.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you're limited by the fuel system more than the turbo itself. the 2860g2 is rated up to 500hp but getting there is another story without a fuel system upgrade. not sure about the w1 as i went straight for the prl option for more room to improve once someone figured out the fuel system.

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
I think its funny when people mention 'turbo lag' when referring to the disco potato family.

Gt28s of any sorts don't have turbo lag.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never got around to dyno with the w1, and haven’t had time to do the Prl. So no clue on a numbersI will say... it’s not really a night and day difference going from the w1 to Prl. But going from stock to Prl you’d be 1000% happy.
Im actually on 27won tuned with e30 by drob. Im still on stock clutch too. Im just looking for ways to squeeze more power. Thinking if going prl 2860r g2

OP
OP
airickmatthews

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Im actually on 27won tuned with e30 by drob. Im still on stock clutch too. Im just looking for ways to squeeze more power. Thinking if going prl 2860r g2
I’d swap that clutch first before switching over. Get it nice and broken in before having to etune with Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d swap that clutch first before switching over. Get it nice and broken in before having to etune with Derek.
I have the retro R clutch and Mfactory LSD on deck ready to be installed once my stock clutch slips.
So you really did not notice big difference going from 27won to 2860r?

I raced an CTR with a catless dp, intake and hondata basemap and my car was pretty much on par. That is the main reason I want more power lol so I can atleast get ahead a bit

OP
OP
airickmatthews

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I have the retro R clutch and Mfactory LSD on deck ready to be installed once my stock clutch slips.
So you really did not notice big difference going from 27won to 2860r?

I raced an CTR with a catless dp, intake and hondata basemap and my car was pretty much on par. That is the main reason I want more power lol so I can atleast get ahead a bit
Nope. If you plan on upgrading the fuel system, then definitely make the switch. The gtx2860 has a higher rating. But if your not planning on building a block and upgrading the fuel... I wouldn’t waste my money.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual

But in a previous post you said you tuned with DRob, so how come you don’t have any numbers?

Me. Lol.

So did you tune with DRob with the w1 or 2860r?
Sponsored