Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
That KIA guy was ignorant. The Civic had the clear advantage on paper. It was 400lbs lighter with the same bhp. Not even a contest. He got walked even harder from a roll - clearly showing power/weight ratio is much higher.
90% of the time numbers usually don't mean shyt, the k5gt has the dct transmission which should've beaten the cvt tbh. Unless that guy was highly modified and making way more than 300whp, the way it pull away in the roll race makes me think it's making at least 325 to 330whp or dct is overrated
Sponsored

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
90% of the time numbers usually don't mean shyt, the k5gt has the dct transmission which should've beaten the cvt tbh. Unless that guy was highly modified and making way more than 300whp, the way it pull away in the roll race makes me think it's making at least 325 to 330whp or dct is overrated
That's completely untrue. Numbers do mean a LOT. How do you think we are able to put theory to practice when going to the moon. I'm an engineer and can tell you that numbers should never be ignored.

It's simple physics. A mass 400lbs heavier than another mass (all things equal) will take more power to accelerate to a specific velocity. From the numbers advertised, we saw an outcome exactly as predicted.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Nice job on your build.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't even find this silversurfer on instagram, probably broke his cvt and deleted his account ????????????
That's probably because he changed his name. He goes by "red_tornado_0.1" now due to the fact he wrapped his car red. No issues from what his page says.

Edit: My bad, forgot he had changed his name. As I said, he changed due wrapping his car red.

Last edited:

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
That's probably because he changed his name. He goes by "red_tornado_0.1" now due to the fact he wrapped his car red. No issues from what his page says.

Edit: My bad, forgot he had changed his name. As I said, he changed due wrapping his car red.
Ohhhhh thanks

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The prl kit is definitely nice albeit I thought it was a waste on a cvt since you can't really fully utilize it. Reason why I went with the 27won w1 turbo.

Good stuff! Hope you enjoy your car!

Mine definitely surprises a few cars here and there. It's no race car but for an eco box car it does the job.

OP
OP
whazaaap

whazaaap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
The prl big turbo is even bigger than the 27won w2 turbo, vlad from 27won confirm with me that a cvt will be slower from a dig with the w2 because it takes longer to spool, he even said my 0-60 and 1/4 will be slower even with a tune, now imagination the lag the prl turbo will have on a cvt from a dig, the only race you'll be possibly winning is roll racing.
The more I think about it, and ponder what you've said, I think maybe it might have been better to go with the smallest big turbo upgrade (GT2860RS) to minimize lag and still get the best of everything else.

OP
OP
whazaaap

whazaaap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
27won makes a bbk for the fronts. Others have used Genesis Brembo it's with Nissan Rogue rotors. I've also seen a user work with 8th gen parts

There are also various pads that bite better and ss brake lines as well as rotor options.

If you want to spend some bucks, there's a Spoon kit too
What is the deal where every manufacturer makes only front brake replacements? Are the fronts the only weak link?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the deal where every manufacturer makes only front brake replacements? Are the fronts the only weak link?
The fronts do more work than the rears. In pretty much all motor vehicles (my truck has discs up front and drums in the rear) front brakes are stronger. When stopping the vehicles weight shifts forward over the front wheels

OP
OP
whazaaap

whazaaap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The fronts do more work than the rears. In pretty much all motor vehicles (my truck has discs up front and drums in the rear) front brakes are stronger. When stopping the vehicles weight shifts forward over the front wheels
So, back brakes don't need a full change out?

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would get better pads and fluid at the very least if you do the fronts and plan on more aggressive driving

I don't really think the fronts need a full change out of you aren't tracking. Rotors, pads, fluid, ss brake lines will make a big difference

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
@Unity Performance has run many of the big brake options in their cars. I would pick their brains about what sort of setup would suit your needs
+1 @86salmon, the weight transfers to the front, and since they're not driven wheels the braking power at the rear should be kept to a point where the rear stays stable under braking and rear brakes don't lock up/trigger abs.

For a street car, even if equipped with a big turbo you can upgrade pads, rotors, brake fluid, and switch to stainless steel braided lines. If you're doing lots of backroads, and track driving then you can utilize the benefits of 4 piston BBK's clamping onto larger rotors at the front. For the rear brakes, better pads will do :)

We offer everything on the site, myself @CanadiaegeanBlue, Thusee @Thusee, and Shahvan @Cndpearlsi have tested all the rotor and pad options ourselves on our Si, CTR, and with the help of locals to confirm fitment and feel the improvement!

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I'm not trying to be a jackass. Great work with your build. It's always nice to see any platform being pushed to it's max but with these dyne numbers

dyno numbers were 285whp and 270 ft. lbs of torque
...I don't think you'll take a Type R. I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not trying to be a jackass. Great work with your build. It's always nice to see any platform being pushed to it's max but with these dyne numbers

...I don't think you'll take a Type R. I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

The CVT should not be slept on
Sponsored