Private Label MFG Power Driven Honda Civic X 1.5 TURBO Frontpipe / Downpipe COMBO 2016 +

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Not being "hasty" lol and go ahead and make an exhaust and let us hear it and put it on a dyno and see #'s too. We are all curious hear.
A catback exhaust will not net much gains if any. Any exhaust on this car will not sound that great. Go ahead a prove me wrong. You want gains? Do a front pipe / downpipe combo, catback isn’t that restrictive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A catback exhaust will not net much gains if any. Any exhaust on this car will not sound that great. Go ahead a prove me wrong. You want gains? Do a front pipe / downpipe combo, catback isn’t that restrictive.
Understandable and I already have the RV6 Ceramic Coated DP just waiting for their release of FP and have aFe exhaust coming that netted 10whp and 11 wtq with their in house dyno.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understandable and I already have the RV6 Ceramic Coated DP just waiting for their release of FP and have aFe exhaust coming that netted 10whp and 11 wtq with their in house dyno.
I like RV6, I can’t wait for their front pipe also. And we will see about the gains for the afe catback.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like RV6, I can’t wait for their front pipe also. And we will see about the gains for the afe catback.
Yeah excited for their front pipe as well

j_babsR1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2004 Yamaha R1
Alright guys if you’re on the 10thgen Civic si owners page on fb then you probably seen my review after the install of these pipes if not Il post it here as well.

Initial thoughts when receiving the pipes was quality looks good, welds look good, the gaskets that came with it however look like garbage. However when taking off my stock fp/dp I had no gaskets inbetween my dp/fp or fp to stock catback. The only issues I ran into when installing these pipes was one of the locking nuts on the downpipe to the turbo when taking off snapped. I know this happened to some people as well, my car is also fairly new at 5k miles, how does this happen I do not know. Me and 2 of my friends who happen to be Honda techs were amazed by this. And also ran into a few fitment issues with the PLM pipes. See below.

During installation ran into a few fitment issues.

As you can see here the sensor location is way too close to the clutch master cylinder and way too close to the trans.

Honda Civic 10th gen Private Label MFG Power Driven Honda Civic X 1.5 TURBO Frontpipe / Downpipe COMBO 2016 + 9D38FEB0-6293-47AF-9CB2-854035B9EFD3

Hard to tell in this pic but the end of the frontpipe where it connects to the catback is way too close to the electric steering rack.

Honda Civic 10th gen Private Label MFG Power Driven Honda Civic X 1.5 TURBO Frontpipe / Downpipe COMBO 2016 + 48945BCD-D582-46A1-AB95-1DC99040AE6B

As you can see the exhaust hangers are not hanging down straight like how they should, instead they are bent, compensating for fitment. The second pic is the catback exhaust hanger and the first pic is the front pipe exhaust hanger.

Honda Civic 10th gen Private Label MFG Power Driven Honda Civic X 1.5 TURBO Frontpipe / Downpipe COMBO 2016 + BA59E1D6-31AA-416A-81E4-7BFB222EF4DC

Honda Civic 10th gen Private Label MFG Power Driven Honda Civic X 1.5 TURBO Frontpipe / Downpipe COMBO 2016 + 3B095FB6-449B-4A87-8D61-070FE71BFDF5

Luckily I do have a boomba racing motor mount so I do not hear anything hitting nor do I feel anything hitting as that mount helps keep the engine/trans from moving so much.

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s a bummer man. Appreciate you posting this, but that’s good that the mount kinda saved the day so to speak. I would recommend everyone get a rear motor mount upgrade when doing the front pipe and downpipe. Like previous generations.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Alright guys if you’re on the 10thgen Civic si owners page on fb then you probably seen my review after the install of these pipes if not Ill post it here as well.

Initial thoughts when receiving the pipes was quality looks good, welds look good, the gaskets that came with it however look like garbage. However when taking off my stock fp/dp I had no gaskets inbetween my dp/fp or fp to stock catback. The only issues I ran into when installing these pipes was one of the locking nuts on the downpipe to the turbo when taking off snapped. I know this happened to some people as well, my car is also fairly new at 5k miles, how does this happen I do not know. Me and 2 of my friends who happen to be Honda techs were amazed by this. And also ran into a few fitment issues with the PLM pipes. See below.

During installation ran into a few fitment issues.

As you can see here the sensor location is way too close to the clutch master cylinder and way too close to the trans.

9D38FEB0-6293-47AF-9CB2-854035B9EFD3.jpeg

Hard to tell in this pic but the end of the frontpipe where it connects to the catback is way too close to the electric steering rack.

48945BCD-D582-46A1-AB95-1DC99040AE6B.jpeg

As you can see the exhaust hangers are not hanging down straight like how they should, instead they are bent, compensating for fitment. The second pic is the catback exhaust hanger and the first pic is the front pipe exhaust hanger.

BA59E1D6-31AA-416A-81E4-7BFB222EF4DC.jpeg

3B095FB6-449B-4A87-8D61-070FE71BFDF5.jpeg

Luckily I do have a boomba racing motor mount so I do not hear anything hitting nor do I feel anything hitting as that mount helps keep the engine/trans from moving so much.
Hey brother, have you done any hard launches since install? Any difference in noise? TIA

j_babsR1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s a bummer man. Appreciate you posting this, but that’s good that the mount kinda saved the day so to speak. I would recommend everyone get a rear motor mount upgrade when doing the front pipe and downpipe. Like previous generations.
No problem, figured I’d help my fellow 10thgens wanting performance parts for a cheaper price. I’ve heard good things about PLM on previous gens so I thought this would be good. Everything bolts up fine, no leaks, no noises so I can’t say anything about that. Just wish fitment was better and that it wasn’t so close to the other parts. She hauls ass though. Il try to post clips up later.

j_babsR1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey brother, have you done any hard launches since install? Any difference in noise? TIA
Yes there’s a difference in noise. Havnt launched it in first since roads were damp last night I would just be spinning all day lol. Il try to post clips up later today for you guys. It sounds raspy past 4K only when you are reving. But while driving and putting load on the engine it sounds good. sounds exactly like the stock exhaust just louder. Cruising at highway speeds I can finally hear the exhaust with the music volume at 10.

j_babsR1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I have to get an aftermarket rear motor mount. My fp/dp came in today. @j_babsR1 want to help me put it on.
You ordered the PLM fp/dp as well?

And yeah man of course. Depends when though. Start my new job next week and about to have a little baby boy! Might not have time. But Leme know!

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You ordered the PLM fp/dp as well?

And yeah man of course. Depends when though. Start my new job next week and about to have a little baby boy! Might not have time. But Leme know!
Will do man. And congrats on the new job and the baby on the way.