Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Got it! I misread you post
I think the reason the Type R might have decreased on some sites is because of oversupply now. Everyone and their grandmama sold their CTR to break even or make money =) Can't blame them though... esp. if you want out of the car and into something different.

Car prices are bad around me (well most everywhere)... a lot of cars are sold within minutes (unless claimed beforehand via order...) mostly performance cars.. Audi s3,s4 .. Stinger GT1 ... and they want anywhere from 5k - 10k over MSRP! Now here's some more news for those that haven't heard... A lot of car manufactures are no longer taking orders from consumers who want to avoid the market adjustments! Also, you will be required to return a leased vehicle to one of the brand's franchised new car dealerships, or buy it yourself at the buyout price specified in your lease contract.

The global microchip shortage and other market disruptions stemming from the ongoing coronavirus pandemic have reached every corner of the automotive market. Many new cars are in short supply, used car values have skyrocketed, and even rental cars are hard to come by. Dealers simply want lease return vehicles back on their lots, where they alone can take advantage of their inflated values... lol!

Yes... there are some cars selling around MSRP... like a genesis g70 (personally I'd take the stinger over this any day.... G70 to me is just ugly and no trunk room) but good luck finding one. As soon as the dealer gets one in... GONE BABY! Audi S4 just got in yesterday... it was sold a few hours later. Folks came down from Riverside to buy the car and payed over MSRP. Every single M3 (G80) that came into BMW the other day was sold 10k over MSRP! Wow! Now BMW (by me) is taking orders for an M3... 10K over MSRP ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I think the reason the Type R might have decreased on some sites is because of oversupply now. Everyone and their grandmama sold their CTR to break even or make money =) Can't blame them though... esp. if you want out of the car and into something different.

Car prices are bad around me (well most everywhere)... a lot of cars are sold within minutes (unless claimed beforehand via order...) mostly performance cars.. Audi s3,s4 .. Stinger GT1 ... and they want anywhere from 5k - 10k over MSRP! Now here's some more news for those that haven't heard... A lot of car manufactures are no longer taking orders from consumers who want to avoid the market adjustments! Also, you will be required to return a leased vehicle to one of the brand's franchised new car dealerships, or buy it yourself at the buyout price specified in your lease contract.

The global microchip shortage and other market disruptions stemming from the ongoing coronavirus pandemic have reached every corner of the automotive market. Many new cars are in short supply, used car values have skyrocketed, and even rental cars are hard to come by. Dealers simply want lease return vehicles back on their lots, where they alone can take advantage of their inflated values... lol!

Yes... there are some cars selling around MSRP... like a genesis g70 (personally I'd take the stinger over this any day.... G70 to me is just ugly and no trunk room) but good luck finding one. As soon as the dealer gets one in... GONE BABY! Audi S4 just got in yesterday... it was sold a few hours later. Folks came down from Riverside to buy the car and payed over MSRP. Every single M3 (G80) that came into BMW the other day was sold 10k over MSRP! Wow! Now BMW (by me) is taking orders for an M3... 10K over MSRP ;)
you should do a youtube channel about all this lol

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I see a lot of stealerships with '22 Civics for sale and many of them are "in transit".
If I had the energy I'd go to my local dealer and find out what they are actually charging, because all the ads are at MSRP.
Like that's gonna happen.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my 21 WRX for a grand under MSRP. There are still deals to be had but most of them will probably not be found at big dealers around you. Might have to look out of state or in smaller towns in your state.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Got my 21 WRX for a grand under MSRP. There are still deals to be had but most of them will probably not be found at big dealers around you. Might have to look out of state or in smaller towns in your state.
Isn't that the old version of the WRX? In normal times, that car would be back of invoice right now.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I see a lot of stealerships with '22 Civics for sale and many of them are "in transit".
If I had the energy I'd go to my local dealer and find out what they are actually charging, because all the ads are at MSRP.
Like that's gonna happen.
BAIT! :) Once you go there or get the figures... there's an addendum :) I been doing this with the wheeler ships over here... I get a payment figure and it's more than what I figure ... "well Joe.. we're like 3000 dollars off here ... did I miss something in my calculation?"
"Well... there's an addendum.... 699.00 for Nitrogen filled tires... 1099 for steel coat ... shadow serial #'s... blah blah blah". LOL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2022/02/13/used-cars-cost-more/6778705001/

Honda made a car called the CRX before. Now they make one called the CRZ.
They skipped the one in the middle because the prototype was so bad, it made them CRY :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Prices going up higher for the CTR! Grandma-2021-Honda-Civic-Type-R-C-1021x580

Last edited:

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag

I'm thinking prices are going to swing depending on a lot of things such as: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39123584/cargo-ship-porsche-vw-fire-atlantic/

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh wonderful more bad news lol

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean there is nothing positive going on anymore. All we get is negativity and doom world. Everything going up to hurt us financially. I can't let this stand anymore. I must do something

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Oh wonderful more bad news lol
Funny when you want to sell your car to the dealer... how they downplay this whole inflated scenario... then walk across the street to the main lot and inquire about a new car and get the big chicken dinner mark up :)

I did this to see what up! Used car manager tells me that my car NEW across the street is selling for MSRP, which was the reason he couldn't give me ~MSRP cash for my car :p So I go across the street and go through the entire process of buying a new car... guess what... from MSRP 42,185 > 51160! 6999.00 Mark Up plus an Addendum! I show him the sheet the new car salesmen gave me and asked him why the car was selling nearly 10k over MSRP? His unquestionable intellectual reply was... "I don't know...". For legal reasons I really can't disclose much (vin#, dealer name...); but look at this shitzu >

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...-market-nothing-like-weve-seen-before-edmunds

Honda Civic 10th gen Prices going up higher for the CTR! Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.26.36 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I mean there is nothing positive going on anymore. All we get is negativity and doom world. Everything going up to hurt us financially. I can't let this stand anymore. I must do something
Join Elon Musk and his quest to colonize Mars =)

Mars Honda! Mars Hilton! Mars McDonalds (man now they everywhere)!

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Since we are talking doom and gloom.

If war erupts between ukraine and russia. Price and availability of cars will get worse.
Russia supplies 1/3 of the worlds palladium and if yall are not aware. This is essential in catalytic converters.

Of course there are other global ramifications if that war happens. Just staying on topic.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Funny when you want to sell your car to the dealer... how they downplay this whole inflated scenario... then walk across the street to the main lot and inquire about a new car and get the big chicken dinner mark up :)

I did this to see what up! Used car manager tells me that my car NEW across the street is selling for MSRP, which was the reason he couldn't give me ~MSRP cash for my car :p So I go across the street and go through the entire process of buying a new car... guess what... from MSRP 42,185 > 51160! 6999.00 Mark Up plus an Addendum! I show him the sheet the new car salesmen gave me and asked him why the car was selling nearly 10k over MSRP? His unquestionable intellectual reply was... "I don't know...". For legal reasons I really can't disclose much (vin#, dealer name...); but look at this shitzu >

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...-market-nothing-like-weve-seen-before-edmunds

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.26.36 PM.png
LOL @ $195 for nitrogen.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Just got a third price drop notice from Carvana on the <5K mile '18 i sold them in October. What was originally a 4.5% markup over what they paid me has now dropped to a 0.5% markdown. And that includes free shipping.
Sponsored