ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm searching around for a 2020 Sport Touring with a manual transmission and the only place that's given me a quote so far seems a bit on the high side, right around 31,685 out the door. None of the dealers near me seem to have one on their lot so they are all saying they can get them from other places. Anyone else having an issue tracking one down? Is this around the price everyone else is paying (MSRP being 28,150)?

Sorry if this has been asked in other threads, my crappy search ability couldn't find it if it was there.
Sponsored

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
I'm searching around for a 2020 Sport Touring with a manual transmission and the only place that's given me a quote so far seems a bit on the high side, right around 31,685 out the door. None of the dealers near me seem to have one on their lot so they are all saying they can get them from other places. Anyone else having an issue tracking one down? Is this around the price everyone else is paying (MSRP being 28,150)?

Sorry if this has been asked in other threads, my crappy search ability couldn't find it if it was there.
Is that out the door with extended warranty and Honda care or is that just for the car and taxes/fees?

Just got a 2020 hatch with the CVT and got them down to $27k for the car before taxes and fees, then got 10 year warranty plus 4 years of Honda care for just under $32 out the door. So I think they should have a lot more wiggle room for you since the manual transmission is about $800 less on MSRP.

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
The breakdown (not counting trade stuff) is:

Price: 28,980.00
Transporation: 350.00
Window Tint: 299.00
Vehicle Selling Price: 29,629.00

Fees are:

Sales Tax: 1,212.67
Documentation Fee: 699.00
MVWR: 3.00
Title Fee: 18.00
Tag/Registration Fee: 25.00
Electronic Filing: 98.75

No extra warranties/honda care/etc. I reached back out to them this morning about the window tint fee (I'm not a huge fan of tinting) but I think they are just trying to tack on anything they can because they keep saying how much of a "rare car" this is. Thankfully in their quote to me they included the VIN and I was able to locate the dealer that actually has it, it's listed 1k cheaper at the other dealer I would just have to drive to get it (maybe it is rare) so I'm trying to decide if the extra 1350 is worth me not having to drive halfway through another state.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The breakdown (not counting trade stuff) is:

Price: 28,980.00
Transporation: 350.00
Window Tint: 299.00
Vehicle Selling Price: 29,629.00

Fees are:

Sales Tax: 1,212.67
Documentation Fee: 699.00
MVWR: 3.00
Title Fee: 18.00
Tag/Registration Fee: 25.00
Electronic Filing: 98.75

No extra warranties/honda care/etc. I reached back out to them this morning about the window tint fee (I'm not a huge fan of tinting) but I think they are just trying to tack on anything they can because they keep saying how much of a "rare car" this is. Thankfully in their quote to me they included the VIN and I was able to locate the dealer that actually has it, it's listed 1k cheaper at the other dealer I would just have to drive to get it (maybe it is rare) so I'm trying to decide if the extra 1350 is worth me not having to drive halfway through another state.
Well I suppose the fact that there are few in your area could be an issue that's increasing the price. But at the very least they should have the car price down to $28k because that's roughly the actual MSRP of the manual version. They are trying to get the retail cost of the CVT model which is disingenuous to me.

Regardless, it doesn't sound like a good deal in my opinion. I mean I even feel like I overpaid a little bit so in your case it may be worth it to take that trip. Or at least try emailing the dealership that actually has the car and try to work them down on the price further. If they can save you $1500 I'd say that may be worth the drive. I know some dealership websites have an option to get quotes online and then when they contact you, you can try to negotiate further. And if they give you an official quote, you can even try taking it to your local dealership and tell them to match it or you will make the trip to the other dealer.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag

Dang around here in Southeast PA they're all showing up on autotrader for at or slightly below MSRP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
paid 26.9 + tax/title/license/fees/whatever in december for a 2020 Sport Touring CVT [so.... $800 more than 6mt]
granted this was in california too, high sales tax, registration fees, and cruel cruel dealers.

at the very minimum, you should be paying invoice+ttl+fees. don't fall for any of the accessory adds, fake tint inflations, security packs, protective film, 'you'll be lucky to get this for msrp' BS, etc....

and yes, it was definitely hard to source. took me around 4 months of searching to find a polished metal metallic. checked inventory stock on the honda site multiple times a week. that being said, in retrospect it's going to be a lot harder for these dealers to sell a $30k honda civic than a $22k civic. when i was shopping, they were making it seem like they were sitting on diamonds and this is a luxury vehicle, when i'm sure they'll actively sell 50 LX before they sell 1 single sport touring. [don't worry though, the sport touring is absolutely worth it no questions asked].

that being said, do inventory searches on the horrible honda site, hit up dealers, throw around a pre-tax offer and go from there. i'd throw a lob and start ever so slightly below invoice and work from there. good luck on your hunt!

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
Thank you for all the words of wisdom. I reached out to a different dealer and they tracked one down and offered it for 27,945.00 (before tax/title/etc); plus they offered more for my trade. Hopefully I'll be picking it up later today. All in, trade/taxes/fees/etc it's just under 30k (which is pretty nice because I still owed 14,900 on my trade).

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for all the words of wisdom. I reached out to a different dealer and they tracked one down and offered it for 27,945.00 (before tax/title/etc); plus they offered more for my trade. Hopefully I'll be picking it up later today. All in, trade/taxes/fees/etc it's just under 30k (which is pretty nice because I still owed 14,900 on my trade).
That sounds a lot better than what you were getting offered before.

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
Got quoted a $28,995 OTD price. So I'd consider negotiating.
Out the door I was 29,946, around 500 of that was what I owed on my trade over what they offered for it. Plus GA charges pretty high tax (at least I don't have to pay every year for my tag though).

It was probably the best dealer experience I've ever had though; agreed on everything in advance, showed up swapped keys, and I was out the door. They did try to sell me on an extended warranty but didn't press it after I said I wasn't interested.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I got mine 30k OTD in october last year, no trades, down payment, or extras.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Been looking for a manual Sport Touring. Been talking and negotiating with a dealership. Have them at $27,733.60 OTD.

grr187usmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I got $26,350 OTD in NC today. No trade ins, however I combined the military, recent grad, and Honda loyalty incentives ($2,000 total).

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I got $26,350 OTD in NC today. No trade ins, however I combined the military, recent grad, and Honda loyalty incentives ($2,000 total).

Great price man!

I should have gone for those incentives too but after fighting with the other dealer for as long as I did I was ready to just be done with it. So I just went with my own financing and was in and out within an hour.

Of course right after I got it everything went on lockdown and I only drive it a couple times a week.
Sponsored