Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I would like to know which manufacturers still keep service information easily available. Such as printed manuals.
If there are any, I would look at their offer when I need a new car.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I can't think of any automakers right off hand who still offer printed service manuals for new vehicles. Honda and most other powersports brands still offer printed service manuals, but automobiles have become so complex that printed service information is almost impractical. Have you seen some of the wiring diagrams for newer vehicles? ;)

Even Ford, for example, charges $22/day, $325/month, or $2,700/year for service information and no longer offers printed service manuals.

There are "black market" CDs and PDFs containing dumped information from service information websites floating around for various models, but I find the information is often incomplete or out of date.

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Well, that's true that printed manuals became somewhat impractical, but it's funny how they used to blame the cost of printing or the cost of paper, or saving the environment for charging much for printed manuals..... Now these issues can be completely avoided, so they charge much more anyway.... They should have different prices for amateurs and professionals as it is with some software. Unless the goal actually is to discourage amateurs, which I suspect.
Sponsored