• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Price Check Requested: 2018 FBO Type R + Suspension (40K Miles)

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey guys,

I am considering letting go of my Type R (want to move into a GTR) and wanted to get this forum's thoughts on what the asking price should be.

Car is FBO with quality parts (PRL intercooler, PRL Catted Downpipe, PRL Stage 1 Intake, KTuner V1, Remus Exhaust, Turbo Blanket) and suspension work (Eibach Sportline Springs + Camber Arms). Car would have approximately 40K miles on it with all service records. Would be sold on factory wheels + all seasons (I would sell my Rays separately).

All mods were installed by either PRL Motorsports or by R/T Tuning, both highly reputable shops. I also have a custom tune from Derek at IMW Motorworks I would throw in.

I'm thinking $30-32K would be reasonable but let me know if I'm wrong. I know labor + parts are heavily discounted but open to hearing everyone's thoughts.

Also, if anyone is interested in a FBO car, hit me up!
Sponsored

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
That’s too high given the mileage.

The absolute best way to maximize your profit is to put it back to stock and part the mods out.

Then sell/trade the car as stock. Good luck.

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
That’s too high given the mileage.

The absolute best way to maximize your profit is to put it back to stock and part the mods out.

Then sell/trade the car as stock. Good luck.
Thanks, I just checked KBB and they're saying $25-$28K for a trade-in value (stock of course).

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You might clear 30 selling private if everything is returned to stock. But not sure if all the aftermarket parts will net 2k.

It’s still a screaming deal for FBO at 32 but it’s hard to find a right buyer. Post ads nation-wide?

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don’t forget if you trade it in on the GTR, you’ll get the tax credit in most states.

Taxes on $28k is no small chunk of change.
I fully believe you will net much closer to what you want by parting it out. Especially since you have wheels to sell on top of all this!

As someone who has traded a lot of cars, it’s slower this way, but you will make so much more money by being patient and doing it right.

Last edited:

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Noize is totally right. Sucks to do but works out way better

Streetthrowback

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type r
Country flag
Just buy both like me

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
Don’t forget if you trade it in on the GTR, you’ll get the tax credit in most states.
Tax credit? how does that work? Sorry for my ignorance :)

Streetthrowback

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type r
Country flag
the guy at the dealer will explain everything when you trade in your type r

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m going to set it up with a basic scenario. Check your state, every one is a little different:

Dealership grants $28,000 for your trade.
Car you want to buy is $52,000.

Let’s say the tax rate for an automotive purchase is a flat 7%.

In most states, you only pay taxes on the difference. So instead of paying tax on $52,000, you’d only be paying tax on $24,000 ($52,000 minus $28,000 in this case).

At a full rate of 7%, that is a difference of $1960 in tax savings. It takes some of the sting out of getting a little bit lower offer on a trade-in, and can even make it more worthwhile in some cases. Making your car the best as possible (clean, stock) before you trade in, is essential.

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Thanks for all the help guys.

Unfortunately I don't think a part-out is possible in my case. I don't have a garage or the time to do the work. All of my mods were installed professionally so it will probably cost me more to pay someone to take off everything and return to stock than it is worth.

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Just buy both like me
If I could I would! We only have space for 1 car and only need 1 car (we live in the city). I'm looking for a 2012-2015 DBA. Prices seem to be softening a bit on these.
Sponsored