Sbianco

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello there, long time lurker here who has greatly enjoyed viewing this form.

Got a question I am hoping this community can help me with.

It is looking like I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future and after evaluating my total mileage for 2020 I have to wonder if I am better off selling my Type R to somebody who will actually drive it. I tend to get my motor thrills on two wheels instead of four and just don't find myself pulling it out of the garage more than once a month anymore for a trip into town. Story is, I purchased her brand new in March 2019 after a pretty exhausting search through northern California and more one "walk out" on sales managers (Truly the worst part of buying the Type R). Almost gave up for an STI, but a SCP one came off the truck the same night I hit "the last one" dealership on the way home.

Came from the dealership with a fair amount of kit (see attached) and I have tracked everything I added. Current mileage is 9960. First maintenance was done with the dealership service on December 24th 2019 at 6605 Miles (before the minder). I recently did a service myself on November 24th with an oil & filter change, a manual transmission fluid change, and switched the air filter to a K&N (kept the stock as it looks clean). Stays indoors with the cover on it when not in use. Has MR924 Rims as I found the stock 20s to be the only thing I didn't enjoy about the car as a commuter/DD. Still have stock tires & rubber. No damage anywhere.

I checked vroom and other online sellers are at about 32-34k, but at that price hit vs what I paid I'd be inclined to just sit on it and give it to my daughter when she gets old enough to enjoy. What would you guys recommend I list this at Market is in northern California 530.

Thanks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Price Check my Type R port.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Price Check my Type R New tires 3.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Price Check my Type R New tires 1.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Price Check my Type R Front.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Price Check my Type R starboard.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Price Check my Type R Tires.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Price Check my Type R Parts snip.PNG

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Where did you get those fender covers for the fog lights? looks nice

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'd just price it at 36 and see what happens.

Good luck with sale - the good news is you're selling the best color so will get attention :)

- on a side note - if you have a stable job and such and enjoy it, I'd just keep it. That's the last stickshift excessively fun car that I know of without the extras that take away from the driving experience. Also with the world shut down so much I've found myself taking more pleasure trips personally. Enjoy if you can or luck with the sale. But you may regret it if you let it go imo.... I've had a LOT of cars... this one is special.

OP
OP

Sbianco

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Here is a link, they are just covers to add some additional protection: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K1M38FG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you mean the vent inserts they are the v1 v2 from top1motors.com

Been debating all month and still haven't really driven with the weather so I may as well sell it and get some other toy. I see a lot of dealers listing 37k for a 2017 with no upgrade/more miles or even 39k in the bay area for a 2019 used car market must be hot? Think I'll throw it up on the classifieds here and on Craigslist later today. Special car, but no good if never driven :(

Last edited:

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
fwiw id been looking at used 19’s/20’s for months prior to finding my 21 at msrp locally. those 19’s/20’s with 5-10k miles were selling for $37-39k at dealers (in particular carvana) and had no extras / rock chips - scratches like crazy. i dont think asking 36-37k for yours is farfetched

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
There was a used black 2018 I test drove that I could have easily picked up for $32K. Had 20K miles and was in great condition.

I would assume $34K for yours. How could you justify more when MSRP on a new 2021 is only a few thousand more? Unless someone really can't find one new and is willing to fork over close to new price for a used one.....

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
There was a used black 2018 I test drove that I could have easily picked up for $32K. Had 20K miles and was in great condition.

I would assume $34K for yours. How could you justify more when MSRP on a new 2021 is only a few thousand more? Unless someone really can't find one new and is willing to fork over close to new price for a used one.....
cali is a rough market man, dealers still $5-10k over msrp for new there (i just moved from the bay area and its a JOKE). the sad part is that ppl pay those crazy prices there because cali makes it difficult to buy out of state

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
cali is a rough market man, dealers still $5-10k over msrp for new there (i just moved from the bay area and its a JOKE). the sad part is that ppl pay those crazy prices there because cali makes it difficult to buy out of state
I truly feel for you guys.....you have all that AND you get absolutely railed on the sales tax. Not that MA is much better but at least finding one at MSRP around here isn't too crazy when you know the good from the naughty dealers.

Well, at least the weather is nice lol

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I truly feel for you guys.....you have all that AND you get absolutely railed on the sales tax. Not that MA is much better but at least finding one at MSRP around here isn't too crazy when you know the good from the naughty dealers.

Well, at least the weather is nice lol
i moved to NC and got to take advantage of 3% sales tax on mine lmao. weather in the bay is great but otherwise, ehhhhhhhh lol

OP
OP

Sbianco

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah it was pretty crazy trying to find one in stock back in 2019, I spent about 3 weekends calling & driving around northern California trying to find SGP in stock. You would think they would make more with supply/demand/Markup being what it is here in California. I have only seen two in this town other than mine and most people ask "What is it!?"

Posted here if anyone is interested: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/for-sale-2019-sgp-ctr-northern-california-38k.59533/

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah it was pretty crazy trying to find one in stock back in 2019, I spent about 3 weekends calling & driving around northern California trying to find SGP in stock. You would think they would make more with supply/demand/Markup being what it is here in California. I have only seen two in this town other than mine and most people ask "What is it!?"

Posted here if anyone is interested: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/for-sale-2019-sgp-ctr-northern-california-38k.59533/
walnut creek quoted me $6k over msrp on a red 2020 back in oct and wouldnt budge

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Drive it or sell it. I don't get the 'toy' aspect of a ~$38k four door Civic.
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely LOVE my CTR, can see it staying in my garage even after my next car purchase......but all that considering its my daily.

If I wanted a toy, I would pick up something impractical with 2 seats and RWD that was a purpose built sports car. The beauty of this car is that it does everything so well but there are better dedicated toys out there.
Sponsored