Preventing rain/water marks

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I live in Florida, overnight we get some intense condensation on the car, borderline feels as if it had rained, so no matter how I wash it, I get those spots. I have waxed it once with Butter Wet Wax, but have not used anything else.

I should note, I don't have a garage. Over the weekends, unfortunately the car is under direct sun, and so through the week days as I park at work (I rather park under the sun than these trees dropping sap/bird shit on it).

Any products/recommendations to avoid getting those spots?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
I too live in the deep south where it rains every afternoon, especially in the summer months and I've tried everything under the sun.. keeping a good coat of wax on it and of course when you wash it always, always dry it with a nice chamois or an Absorber (see link) is all I've been able to do.. once the spots are on a good cleaner wax like original Turtle Paste will remove them but not without some elbow grease..

https://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Synthetic-Drying-Chamois-Natural/dp/B0000AY3X0?th=1

Frost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic LX 2016
Yeah I know what you mean.

With the cooler nights here I'm seeing some heavy condensation.
And was getting a lot of water spotting.
Very noticeable on a black car.

I was using the Butter Wax as well.
So about a week ago I decided to try another brand.
So far I'm getting much less spotting. Have to search to find a few small spots .

Maybe it was just time to rewax or maybe the new brand just works better.
Only been a week, so who knows how long it will last.
So far it's a definite improvement

oh I'm trying Auto Glym HD wax now.
English brand , I figured they might know something about rain and water spotting .

OP
OP
eXultanCe

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
If the car in the avatar pic is yours, then all I'll say is, "welcome to the joys of having a dark colored car". ;)
Yeah, after reading some of the posts, and comparing to my brother's cars (who has a garage), I kind of decided to accept that having a dark car, and having no garage (in Florida, no less), will always have these water spots. I will just keep washing it every other week :p
Sponsored