Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Press Release: AWE Announces Plans to Enter 10th Gen Civic market awe_email_header_press-release-

November 7, 2019
Precision Drive, Horsham, Pennsylvania

AWE ANNOUNCES PLANS TO ENTER 10TH GEN CIVIC MARKET

AWE, the precision-engineering firm based outside of Philadelphia, has announced its plans to enter the 10th generation Honda Civic market with an exhaust line for the Civic Si and Type R.

“There aren’t many more polarizing vehicles than the CTR and Si. We’ve always admired them from afar, and we’re excited to take our exhaust technology into Honda,” stated Jesse Kramer, VP of Marketing at AWE. “We’ve worked hard to create a sound that is both unique to the Civic while also leveraging technology such as our patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, and many other secret sauces — we’re confident this will be the new sound of Civic for Gen 10.”

The exhaust line will incorporate AWE’s signature Touring Editions featuring their patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, along with their unruly Track Editions for those who like it loud at all times. All of which will feature an integrated front pipe and modular tip merge configurations allowing triple and dual tips to be interchangeable

Applications will cover the Civic Si Sedan (FC1), Si Coupe (FC3), and Civic Type R (FK8).

Honda Civic 10th gen Press Release: AWE Announces Plans to Enter 10th Gen Civic market 9f2f07e6-fddc-4bf2-83ad-4195e22cf5ad

Honda Civic 10th gen Press Release: AWE Announces Plans to Enter 10th Gen Civic market 8a598686-1732-42a1-9a37-0c77ca1334da

The AWE Civic line will be launched in conjunction with aftermarket Civic authority, Evasive Motorsports, who will promote and sell the new exhaust line. The products will be available on EvasiveMotosport.com as well as AWECivic.com.

The teaser video announcing AWE’e entry into the Civic market can be found below, with more information being added to AWECivic.com in the near future.

About AWE

AWE is the authority in precision automotive engineering for enthusiast automobiles. From award-winning handcrafted performance exhausts to track-tested carbon fiber intakes to performance intercoolers, AWE innovates, designs, manufactures, and distributes AWE brand performance products globally through its preferred network of dealers, online and from its state-of-the-art headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE’s select team of researchers, engineers, innovators, fabricators, and drivers have introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.

About Evasive Motorsports

Established in 2002, Evasive Motorsports has been dedicated to bringing the best quality performance parts at very competitive prices. With years of experience in the aftermarket automotive industry, a knowledgeable staff, and ace customer service, Evasive prevails in offering the best products for JDM vehicles.

###​

Last edited:

bendrich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza HB :'(
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No love for the FK7?

Naw, just playing. I'm very excited to hear you're getting into the Civic game!

For the Honda d00ds who don't have much experience with this brand, these guys are the bees knees!

I used to have a GTRS B6 Avant QMT with AWE exhaust and vent gauge

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
No love for the FK7?

Naw, just playing. I'm very excited to hear you're getting into the Civic game!

For the Honda d00ds who don't have much experience with this brand, these guys are the bees knees!

I used to have a GTRS B6 Avant QMT with AWE exhaust and vent gauge
Happy to have ya here, and appreciate your support in the past.

We won't have any FK7 right out of the gate, but it could change if the demands makes sense. So please, rally the troops and be vocal, it would be my pleasure to present data to my teams.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Decades of performance engineering for the finest platforms on the planet has led us to this: a full-bred exhaust lineup that will set the new standard for all things Civic.

Comin' really soon. If you haven't signed up to be notified upon release, click here, select your vehicle, and click "I'm interested!"

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does "integrated front pipe" mean? I know there are different naming conventions depending on platform. Does that mean it is a full "downpipe back" exhaust like the Thermal R&D? Like, for those of us already running a "frontpipe" (sometimes also called "midpipe") from a company like PRL or 27Won, would we have to remove that part in order to run your exhaust? That is my question. Thanks.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
What does "integrated front pipe" mean? I know there are different naming conventions depending on platform. Does that mean it is a full "downpipe back" exhaust like the Thermal R&D? Like, for those of us already running a "frontpipe" (sometimes also called "midpipe") from a company like PRL or 27Won, would we have to remove that part in order to run your exhaust? That is my question. Thanks.
Correct, downpipe-back.Yes, our front pipes are integrated into the overall exhaust design, and do not have a flange on the back-end like most on the market. Rather we have slip fit joints, and do not share the same break points as if you were wanting to install the front pipe alone. Our exhausts and front pipes are designed and intended to be ran together. :thumbsup:

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Correct, downpipe-back.Yes, our front pipes are integrated into the overall exhaust design, and do not have a flange on the back-end like most on the market. Rather we have slip fit joints, and do not share the same break points as if you were wanting to install the front pipe alone. Our exhausts and front pipes are designed and intended to be ran together. :thumbsup:

Will this be compatible with aftermarket downpipes?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Downpipe, yes. Front pipe, no.
Wouldn’t work with my RV6 setup then unless I ran 3” to 2.5” back to 3”
Downpipe, yes. Front pipe, no.
yeah wouldn’t work with my rv6 dp and fp then since they use a vband connection to the dp for full 3”

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Wouldn’t work with my RV6 setup then unless I ran 3” to 2.5” back to 3”

yeah wouldn’t work with my rv6 dp and fp then since they use a vband connection to the dp for full 3”
DPs that respect the factory connection would be just fine with our systems.
Sponsored