Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

BurgerSlayer

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the exhaust sounds amazing but 2 gripes: 1) on startup I get a rattle somewhere in the console or dash, stops when the revs drop under 1000 rpm 2) the drone in 6th gear 25-3500 rpm is bad. not terrible if youve owned a car with an aftermarket exhaust but youll deff have complaints from your wife/gf (my fiance told me to stay in 5th gear ? )
Is this with the new dual mid phase?
Sponsored

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
nope, OG midpipe

not so much a ringing, its just a loud noise during that rpm range. ive had plenty of cars that drone so its not THAT bad but my finance wasnt a fan lol
Must be my ears then, but this exhaust and I think CTR in general doesn't like cruising rpm.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Must be my ears then, but this exhaust and I think CTR in general doesn't like cruising rpm.
ive only put 200 or so miles on since so now ill listen & follow up on this lol. no ragrets about the exhaust though, looks & sounds amazing. deep, grumbles & a deff. head turner

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 1

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ive only put 200 or so miles on since so now ill listen & follow up on this lol. no ragrets about the exhaust though, looks & sounds amazing. deep, grumbles & a deff. head turner

1.jpg
Yeah it definitely sounds really good. I'm just more worried about my passengers lol.

Worst case I just buy the dual phase or load my car up with sound deadening.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
the exhaust sounds amazing but 2 gripes: 1) on startup I get a rattle somewhere in the console or dash, stops when the revs drop under 1000 rpm 2) the drone in 6th gear 25-3500 rpm is bad. not terrible if youve owned a car with an aftermarket exhaust but youll deff have complaints from your wife/gf (my fiance told me to stay in 5th gear ? )
mine was rom the heat shield by the front pipe. From the engine bay (yes engine bay) you can reach down with a long screwdriver or something similar and kinda pry up on the heat shield so it lays off/has more clearance from the FP

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
mine was rom the heat shield by the front pipe. From the engine bay (yes engine bay) you can reach down with a long screwdriver or something similar and kinda pry up on the heat shield so it lays off/has more clearance from the FP
How long was this damn screwdriver...

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

1.jpg
Do you have an aftermarket DP, or stock DP? If aftermarket, Catted or Catless?

I'm putting Track with Triple Black Tips on our stock DP CTR this coming week. Over time, it will evolve to Touring, then Touring with Dual Phase when we add a Catted DP.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have an aftermarket DP, or stock DP? If aftermarket, Catted or Catless?

I'm putting Track with Triple Black Tips on our stock DP CTR this coming week. Over time, it will evolve to Touring, then Touring with Dual Phase when we add a Catted DP.
stock dp, touring w/black tips. sounds amazing otherwise, more STI ish than I thought

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
Thanks Dave...clamps should be here this A.M.
In case it helps anyone…..my AWE SKU 3015-53006 was 100% a solo install. I bought new anti-seize (just because), pry bars from HFreight, and Lisle 38350 Exhaust Hanger Removal Pliers (worth their weight in gold). I have everything else from jacks, jack stands, torque wrenches, light, gloves, music, beer, and a garage floor you could eat off (unnecessary).

Save the failed exhaust clamp, the install went according to my exceptionally high expectations. To that end AWE, Dave specifically, was spot on with a replacement clamp + a spare FedEx First Overnight (as a vested former FDX Express employee, I can guarantee shipping cost was 10 times what the clamps cost for a part not manufactured by AWE). Response was within minutes via this forum following a call to a very nice lady at AWE.

Stock DP, sounds perfect (coming from someone who won’t put loud pipes on his HD). Follow the instructions, use the tips and tricks vids, and you can do this yourself. I might actually order the shirt now. R-21865 is back in the game!
Sponsored