Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I’m having a weird rattling noise coming from what sounds like the rear around the trunk area. It only happens at operating temps and 1.5k and 3k rpms. Checked the heat shield and there is no rubbing points. Any suggestions?
It's *likely* that it is contact with the rear hangers from the slip joints not being bottomed out all of the way.
Sponsored

NT413

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m having a weird rattling noise coming from what sounds like the rear around the trunk area. It only happens at operating temps and 1.5k and 3k rpms. Checked the heat shield and there is no rubbing points. Any suggestions?
I had a vibration at cold start that was eliminated by slightly rotating the non resonated mid pipe. This brought the front facing tip of the end pipe down away from the chassis enough to eliminate the noise.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Just got shipping confirmation for mine through Evasive Motorsports.

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
We can get them for you, have some on order!

-Josh

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I had a vibration at cold start that was eliminated by slightly rotating the non resonated mid pipe. This brought the front facing tip of the end pipe down away from the chassis enough to eliminate the noise.
One thing we don't nec realize is how much these systems change when they are hot. The diameter will increase and the system will grow in length. It's pretty wild but useful to keep in mind when inspecting the system for potential inference issues.

taric

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type-r fk8
Country flag
Just purchased the conversion kit hoping it will be better for long road trips with back seat passengers and dogs. I currently have the stock DP.

Will report back once it's installed.
Sound great!
keep us updated, I'm evaluating it for the same reason as you...actually back seat sound during long trip is.. meh... even with stock DP

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey guys, we have one in-stock AWE Touring with Triple Black Tips ready to go either as local pick-up, or shipping throughout Canada! Zero wait time :)

https://unity-performance.com/colle...ts/awe-tuning-exhaust-suite-2017-civic-type-r

Unfortunately, I can't send this one back over the border unless someone's willing to pay the exorbitant shipping cost ($275 USD). Not worth it to be honest unless you're in a rush, it would be best to order via the same link above, and I will work with AWE to get it over to you :)

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
SKU: 3015-53006

Install was fine until the final torque of the “3.00 ACCU-SEAL” PN TAS300. Total failure at under 50 ft./lbs torque. Manual states a minimum of 60 ft./lbs. No response from AWE yet.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG_8566

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG_8567

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
SKU: 3015-53006

Install was fine until the final torque of the “3.00 ACCU-SEAL” PN TAS300. Total failure at under 50 ft./lbs torque. Manual states a minimum of 60 ft./lbs. No response from AWE yet.

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8567.jpg
How did you reach out? Please DM all of your contact info including your full name and address and I'll get this resolved.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Just a head's up for everyone, we were able to resolve this within 10 minutes of the original post by @B$$ and get new clamps sent out. If you have an issue with AWE Products, you can drop in a support ticket, you can call support at 888-565-2257 , you can DM me through Instagram @awetuningofficial, DM me here and as a last resort you can drop in a comment on this thread.

If you are finding you aren't connecting from one of the methods above, please DM me. We don't work on the weekends, but we keep an eye on Social (IG).

Thanks for your understanding and support as we strive to provide the best possible service!

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
Just a head's up for everyone, we were able to resolve this within 10 minutes of the original post by @B$$ and get new clamps sent out. If you have an issue with AWE Products, you can drop in a support ticket, you can call support at 888-565-2257 , you can DM me through Instagram @awetuningofficial, DM me here and as a last resort you can drop in a comment on this thread.

If you are finding you aren't connecting from one of the methods above, please DM me. We don't work on the weekends, but we keep an eye on Social (IG).

Thanks for your understanding and support as we strive to provide the best possible service!
Thanks Dave...clamps should be here this A.M.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
the exhaust sounds amazing but 2 gripes: 1) on startup I get a rattle somewhere in the console or dash, stops when the revs drop under 1000 rpm 2) the drone in 6th gear 25-3500 rpm is bad. not terrible if youve owned a car with an aftermarket exhaust but youll deff have complaints from your wife/gf (my fiance told me to stay in 5th gear ? )

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
the exhaust sounds amazing but 2 gripes: 1) on startup I get a rattle somewhere in the console or dash, stops when the revs drop under 1000 rpm 2) the drone in 6th gear 25-3500 rpm is bad. not terrible if youve owned a car with an aftermarket exhaust but youll deff have complaints from your wife/gf (my fiance told me to stay in 5th gear ? )
Do you get a ringing sound in your ears?
Sponsored