Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
any advice on the particulates sticking to my hatch? It is pretty uniformly spread across the entire back side of my car
Extend the tips out a bit? I'm catless and running this exhaust on a CW car and don't have any of the spots you have.
Sponsored

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Extend the tips out a bit? I'm catless and running this exhaust on a CW car and don't have any of the spots you have.
I’ll give it a go, that was my initial thought. I appreciate the feedback.

Could you post a pic looking down at the top of the tips? I had my system installed at AWE headquarters so they put the tips at their recommended location.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ll give it a go, that was my initial thought. I appreciate the feedback.

Could you post a pic looking down at the top of the tips? I had my system installed at AWE headquarters so they put the tips at their recommended location.
I had to screenshot one of my videos, but here ya go!

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 65A0B73E-B695-4193-BA9D-B7764FD157EE

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I love this group... everyone is so cool about jumping in to help. If I could give forums an award, this crew would get it. ????
If you look at enough threads you’ll find some less than friendly content ?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do you have any residue that shows up on the back of your hatch?
Nada. The middle tip gets dirty quick though. Here's a pic of min underneath...nothing I could see.

I'm tuned also...not sure that matters lol

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I have driven the car over 3k miles since having it installed and the black residue has been consistently showing up the entire time. I also have it building up on the muffler but was told by AWE that this is normal

BD6DB068-8264-4677-B6E2-A851751CC7E8.jpeg
I have the same thing on pretty much every place where there is a clamp, mines probably much worse than yours, I have like 9k miles on the exhaust though. Its somewhat of a leak but its negligible. When it rains or when there is condensation inside of exhaust, it mixes with carbon deposits and leaks out of the connections. As long as you don't hear any exhaust leaks its fine. A way to fix this though is to take it all apart, clean the joining sections, and apply some exhaust sealer around the pipes and re-clamp them with some new clamps. That should prevent the water from leaking through.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I took the exhaust tip clamp off, cleaned around the joint and put it back on, the carbon buildup is still happening around the clamp. I looked at the design a bit more and I’m wondering if the opening on the clamp is too close to the slits in the pipe, does anybody have a picture of where the bolt on their clamp is oriented? Right now my bolt is at 9 o’clock and perpendicular with the ground, might try rotating it so the bolt rests at 6 o clock and parallel with the ground.

Looking for any feedback

(this is the same pic as before)

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! DC35F84F-BC3F-4A6F-B8F9-730B0EADA800

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took the exhaust tip clamp off, cleaned around the joint and put it back on, the carbon buildup is still happening around the clamp. I looked at the design a bit more and I’m wondering if the opening on the clamp is too close to the slits in the pipe, does anybody have a picture of where the bolt on their clamp is oriented? Right now my bolt is at 9 o’clock and perpendicular with the ground, might try rotating it so the bolt rests at 6 o clock and parallel with the ground.

Looking for any feedback

(this is the same pic as before)

DC35F84F-BC3F-4A6F-B8F9-730B0EADA800.jpeg
I can't see the whole exhaust tip, but from the pic it looks like it's leaking from outside the exhaust tip and then running back. So it's not leaking from a bad connection or clamp.

Do you have your car parked outside?

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
Had the touring version installed for about a year (8k miles) and I've just started to hear some rattling from the back of the car whenever I'm letting go of the throttle at 35+ mph speeds after I've driven for 10-15 minutes. Anyone had this issue? Wondering if I should take it into my local shop and get everything reassembled to make sure it's sitting correctly.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Had the touring version installed for about a year (8k miles) and I've just started to hear some rattling from the back of the car whenever I'm letting go of the throttle at 35+ mph speeds after I've driven for 10-15 minutes. Anyone had this issue? Wondering if I should take it into my local shop and get everything reassembled to make sure it's sitting correctly.
It's not uncommon for the need to arise to retorque the clamps after break-in. If you have access to a lift, you can check alignment and for proper fitment at this time.

Rattling in the back is likely from the system making contact due to the slip-fits not being properly bottomed out.

Check out this video:

Let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited: