Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Catless for sure. With my PRL catless DP and AWE Touring the drone between 2500-3200 is pretty bad. Every passenger in my car has commented on it.
FWIW, I have never been in a car with a catless DP (or catless) with an aftermarket system that was a comfortable experience for passengers, unless it was an instructor at a track day.

That being said, we have something on the horizon in the Touring family for owners where drone is a concern.
Sponsored

SiRalphie

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2016 Camaro SS convertible,
Country flag
FWIW, I have never been in a car with a catless DP (or catless) with an aftermarket system that was a comfortable experience for passengers, unless it was an instructor at a track day.

That being said, we have something on the horizon in the Touring family for owners where drone is a concern.
I currently have the AWE Touring exhaust on my Type R and love the sound, however I find it too loud for daily driving. Previously, I had spoken to someone at AWE about a new exhaust system for the Type R that might be more to my liking and I have been anxiously awaiting an announcement since then.

Could you possibly offer a time frame for the release or any other bits of info?

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I currently have the AWE Touring exhaust on my Type R and love the sound, however I find it too loud for daily driving. Previously, I had spoken to someone at AWE about a new exhaust system for the Type R that might be more to my liking and I have been anxiously awaiting an announcement since then.

Could you possibly offer a time frame for the release or any other bits of info?
I am in the same boat, I love the exhaust but I wish I could tone it down a bit. I’m on the stock downpipe. The exhaust sounds louder than I thought it would based on the general reviews I see.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AWE reps. I have the track edition...wondering if you guys make tips that are I guess you'd say single wall tips? I honestly don't care for the double wall tips that much. Hopefully I'm explaining correctly lol.

If you guys don't and I need to outsource some...I assume I'd need 3" slip on tips?

My nomenclature is probably all over the place

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
AWE doesn't sell just tips but if you know the diameter of the pipe you can just get the tips you want anywhere online

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
AWE reps. I have the track edition...wondering if you guys make tips that are I guess you'd say single wall tips? I honestly don't care for the double wall tips that much. Hopefully I'm explaining correctly lol.

If you guys don't and I need to outsource some...I assume I'd need 3" slip on tips?

My nomenclature is probably all over the place
You are correct in your nomenclature, but we only offer double-wall tips.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 2EBA5791-6DF5-4E85-8FEF-BB73C5B361F5

does anybody else have this issue from the AWE exhaust? This is a picture of my hatch. I never had consistent black specs on my paint when I had an OEM exhaust and after cleaning my car they return pretty quickly, so I assume it is the exhaust. I don’t have this problem anywhere else on my car.

stock downpipe

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
2EBA5791-6DF5-4E85-8FEF-BB73C5B361F5.jpeg

does anybody else have this issue from the AWE exhaust? This is a picture of my hatch. I never had consistent black specs on my paint when I had an OEM exhaust and after cleaning my car they return pretty quickly, so I assume it is the exhaust. I don’t have this problem anywhere else on my car.

stock downpipe
How new is your system? There is residue left in the system from the bending and manufacturing system that burns off during break in. Usually the first few long drives would take care of it, but our official break in period is 500-1000 miles.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
How new is your system? There is residue left in the system from the bending and manufacturing system that burns off during break in. Usually the first few long drives would take care of it, but our official break in period is 500-1000 miles.
I have driven the car over 3k miles since having it installed and the black residue has been consistently showing up the entire time. I also have it building up on the muffler but was told by AWE that this is normal

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! BD6DB068-8264-4677-B6E2-A851751CC7E8

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have driven the car over 3k miles since having it installed and the black residue has been consistently showing up the entire time. I also have it building up on the muffler but was told by AWE that this is normal

BD6DB068-8264-4677-B6E2-A851751CC7E8.jpeg
I've put over 1k miles on mine...nothing like that at all and I'm running catless

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Any vendors have the touring w/ black tips in stock?

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

BD6DB068-8264-4677-B6E2-A851751CC7E8.jpeg
This is the convergence of unburned particulates from a cold engine prior to cats being warm and cold dense air. The 2 together make condensation and the result is soot. when the system cools, the water vapor finds it's way out at the joints and through the drain holes in our 180 Tech cans. This occurs differently in different climates. I might have just made this all up, but I'm pretty sure this is what is happening. :)

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This is the convergence of unburned particulates from a cold engine prior to cats being warm and cold dense air. The 2 together make condensation and the result is soot. when the system cools, the water vapor finds it's way out at the joints and through the drain holes in our 180 Tech cans. This occurs differently in different climates. I might have just made this all up, but I'm pretty sure this is what is happening. :)
any advice on the particulates sticking to my hatch? It is pretty uniformly spread across the entire back side of my car
Sponsored