Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Ctr_berg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 championship white ctr
Country flag
You could have it installed here while you wait! If you are interested in this, check out AWE Installs or let me know.
How can I have it installed I’m still waiting for it lol. Maybe you guys could expedite the shipping please. Originally said 4 weeks now it’s almost 7. I ordered through xlr8 performance
Sponsored

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just came from these guys yesterday. Hands down. Best customer service and technicians I've met. Totally worth the hour and half drive. Sean the installer was awesome. John Voss and Brian were on constant communication throughout this process. If AWE made more performance parts for the CTR I would definitely be heading down there more. Thanks guys !

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20200818_091000

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20200818_091010

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20200818_091301

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20200818_112605

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20200818_112916

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20200818_115424

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Just came from these guys yesterday. Hands down. Best customer service and technicians I've met. Totally worth the hour and half drive.
Thanks for making the pilgrimage to AWE HQ! It's been CTR city here lately with is fantastic. Many people are unaware we do all sort of installation and service work here and Sean is a Master Tech and former UTI instructor and has a wealth of knowledge in the car game. Hopefully others follow suit! I think we have 2 more coming in this week. ;)

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
For those running the touring with a catless DP, how does the sound change? I enjoy the catted and stock DP sound videos done by AWE, but there's like 1-2 with a catless on YouTub and they're not done very well. Mine arrives today either way.
My .02 - The cat on the CTR is pretty effective as a muffler. The Touring isolates and cancels drone frequencies but isn't meant to quiet the car down like a muffler-based system would. With the stiff engine bushings and mounts on the CTR, expect interior NVH to increase quite a bit losing the cat. I always recommend catted DPs for this reason, but understand the price/gain value proposition of the catless DP.

Others running this set-up, please jump in!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Can report back. Had lift access today and got everything installed. With a catless DP, it sounds the same to me, just amplified like I expected.

With a catless DP it’s loud, but the drone inside isn’t nearly as bad as my R400 ever was, so to me it doesn’t bother me at all.
Really appreciate this valuable feedback.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can report back. Had lift access today and got everything installed. With a catless DP, it sounds the same to me, just amplified like I expected. Went and had fun in a tunnel near me for a bit and left before I got myself in trouble. Install was smooth and once I watched a video on the FP it took me about 5 minutes to do. The rest was simple. With a catless DP it’s loud, but the drone inside isn’t nearly as bad as my R400 ever was, so to me it doesn’t bother me at all.
I'm going to go with awe. This is the review I needed. Thanks. Ditching Freddy's stupid leaking flange...sounds like a 92 civic lx farting

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
Drove to AWE last week to have them install a touring with black tips. Beautiful facility. This is my 5th exhaust from them, 4 on Audi's in the past so I was really excited when I heard they made one for the CTR. Let me say I am SUPER picky with my exhausts. I had the Greddy HG on my last CTR and while it sounded decent, the drone was horrible. Sold that for a huge loss and kept my muffler delete which was..fine.

I have 350 miles on the new exhaust and it's amazing. NO drone whatsoever. I feel like it's smoothing out just a bit as the miles go on-which is great. Cruising on the highway no issues-I have a wife and 2 young kids who would be sure to complain if it bothered them. It burbles on shifting which is really cool. Another thing I am noticing is the stock "lumpy" feeling when accelerating 1/4-1/2 throttle has disappeared-it is SO smooth.

I'll post another short review when I get to the 1,000 mile break in. Sean and Dave thank you!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Drove to AWE last week to have them install a touring with black tips. Beautiful facility. This is my 5th exhaust from them, 4 on Audi's in the past so I was really excited when I heard they made one for the CTR. Let me say I am SUPER picky with my exhausts. I had the Greddy HG on my last CTR and while it sounded decent, the drone was horrible. Sold that for a huge loss and kept my muffler delete which was..fine.

I have 350 miles on the new exhaust and it's amazing. NO drone whatsoever. I feel like it's smoothing out just a bit as the miles go on-which is great. Cruising on the highway no issues-I have a wife and 2 young kids who would be sure to complain if it bothered them. It burbles on shifting which is really cool. Another thing I am noticing is the stock "lumpy" feeling when accelerating 1/4-1/2 throttle has disappeared-it is SO smooth.

I'll post another short review when I get to the 1,000 mile break in. Sean and Dave thank you!

Thanks for sharing that info!

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
AWE-what do you think about me throwing a little high temp black paint on the end of the muffler to stealth it a bit? Would that cause any issues?
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 78AE9A71-E9FF-4AB3-AB18-CC276B4484D7

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
Threw a little black on the muffler. Will probably do the rods too.
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 1121C0BE-C726-45AD-A85C-15C860D60E6A
Sponsored