Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It’s installed and I’m in love.
Mark, are there any tips or tricks you can share from your install? Anything we could be doing better? I know there is a ton of great info buried in this thread, but any insights are always welcome!
Sponsored

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
+1 to that, but who are we to stand in the way of people's dreams! :)
I worked with John Voss and placed my order on July 10th. He told me fabrication might be completed by 8/7.

Any way you guys can use your Jedi Forces and have this on my front door this week so i can go vroom vroom and disrupt my neighboors?

Love, Fabian -_-

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Mark, are there any tips or tricks you can share from your install? Anything we could be doing better? I know there is a ton of great info buried in this thread, but any insights are always welcome!
Had no issues with the instructions provided. No issues with rattling either (yet), but will monitor.

Things would have probably been much more difficult to do on my back/bum than standing though with friends for sure, but if you take your time the install is pretty straight forward.

One MINOR thing I found was my right exhaust tip would bottom out much further in when compared to the left and center. It was a minor issue, but not a big deal at all.

Cheers to AWE for a great exhaust.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Any weight numbers for both the track and touring editions? How does it compare to the stock weight?

Any db readings? Will it pass db readings at Laguna for example?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any weight numbers for both the track and touring editions? How does it compare to the stock weight?

Stock frontpipe weight: 9.5
AWE frontpipe weight: 8.5

Stock exhaust: 38.5
AWE Touring exhaust: 40
AWE Track exhaust: 30.5

Stock w/ stock frontpipe: 48lbs
AWE Touring w/ AWE frontpipe: 48.5lbs (+0.5lbs over stock)
AWE Track w/ AWE frontpipe: 39lbs (-8.5lbs over stock)

There appears to be no official dB readings released, but I'm sure they have it on hand somewhere.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
If the sound detector is still between 5-6 at LS I think the Track would have a tough time making it through consistently without rolling off. The Touring might be the better bet, but remember, we aren't using mufflers, so a lot depends on the cat situation you are choosing.

Stock cat and Touring *should* be on the verge of OK, I would never sell someone a Track and say "yes, it will work at Laguna". Out here we have Limerock Park in CT that is the Laguna of the East (but not nearly as good of a track in my NorCal biased opinion.)

Also, if you look at our design, it's conceivable you could find or make a turn-down that would clamp up to our resonator outlet (1)... or even 3 at the tip merge.

Geo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r
Country flag
highly recommend it is a pain to put on but perfect sound no drown

18FK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R #13440, 2014 Civic LX Daily Beater, 2017 Acura MDX Adv.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
highly recommend it is a pain to put on but perfect sound no drown
I did not find that it was that overly difficult to install given you can get the front up high enough for the FP removal. However, without the proper height allowances this install is a huge pain. I would advise to ensure that the heat shield is not touching otherwise you will gain an annoying vibration (I have to jack mine back up to make this stop, also had to remove the "spare" tray). Exhaust still sounds AWEsome and well worth any effort to get it installed.

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Shout out to John Voss and everyone at AWE for having this delivered today ! Can't wait for the install next week !

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! Resized_20200807_122130

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20200807_125009

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! InShot_20200807_235854157

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm loving this wing on the CTR! Too Time Attack, or just right?

Get equipped with AWE here!
Who said time attack can’t be just right. The look works well for the car. That Mugen rear bumper adds to the aggressiveness! The chrome exhaust stands out very well too! Good stuff.
Sponsored