Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
As a matter of fact, I took it to 3 different individuals with good reputation here in my area. All of them complained about the hangar design was over exaggerated. And of course the slip joints was brought up as a negative feature of the exhaust system.

I am using the front pipe provided in the track edition of your AWE exhaust system.

Exhaust system sounds great and I have been complemented on the sound. But it’s quite the headache to have to revisit this same issue and pay other individuals/shops to assess and make the changes needed only to finally cut a piece off the hangar and weld it back together to no longer literally hear this issue again.
That's good to know. There is no record of a response from ya once the team recommended you took it for a second opinion, so the paper trail stopped there. To give visual representation of the end goal, this is what your hangers should look like when installed correctly. Note, the key aspect here is the amount of hangar bar that it poking out from backside of the mount. It should be ~3/4 of an inch. Achieving this will allow ample space between the hangar barb and the hangar bar for thermal expansion.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG-5185

Re: the slip fits, I simply disagree with that statement. We believe slip-fits, when properly designed like ours, are the optimal joint solution for an exhaust. Why? Because they provide extensive amount of adjustment, sealing capability, and serviceability all without the expensive cost of machined flanges and hardware. :thumbsup:

Sorry but if you think having a laser cut fixture means that you have no process variation and no tolerance stack, then that is really telling of the quality that this member is suffering. Not only that, that is a huge red flag for anyone considering buying this exhaust.
No need to be dramatic, Spyder. ;) Of course we're familiar with tolerance stack (this isn't our first rodeo). To clarify, not only do we laser cut our fixtures, but we also laser scan the fixtures after being built to ensure they're within .005" of the original design spec. While you're correct there's always an opportunity for a part to be manufactured out of spec (regardless of whether youre making exhausts, wheels, or scew drivers), we take every available avenue to ensure the parts are built to our exacting standards. If you look at llama's photo and compare it to mine ab, you can see the hanger placement is dramatically different than what was originally designed. This is what led our engineers to recommend the evaluation of the exhaust to ensure it was adjusted as far forward as possible.

Of course we want everyone to have a fluid and flawless installation process with our component, and we take great pride in the attention to detail we put in to making sure every product fits correctly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Look at the first picture, then look at the second.
The first and second look the same but at different angles. Please bare with me, I have the Flu. I ask because as everyone here knows I’ve put on basically every exhaust on this car (except for the AWE).

Update: are you saying what is hitting is the under tray against the hangers?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I have the same exact problem. Moved exhaust 3x already and it keeps going back to where it rubs.
The rubbing makes the ride unbearable, at first i thought it was looose change or some other item in the car. After lookin tru forums it all makes sense so we tried moving it. Gonna be the 4th time this coming friday and i hope it fixes it. Im at the point where im gonna give up on this exhaust. Sounds great looks great but the rubbing just ruins everything. It makes the inside rattle and you think the vibrations will eventually break something.
PM en route to request details and provide guidance. Here for ya!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The first and second look the same but at different angles. Please bare with me, I have the Flu. I ask because as everyone here knows I’ve put on basically every exhaust on this car (except for the AWE).

Update: are you saying what is hitting is the under tray against the hangers?
second picture shows the hangers contacting the under tray if I’m not mistaken. The first doesn’t.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
second picture shows the hangers contacting the under tray if I’m not mistaken. The first doesn’t.
The point of contact was here, indicated below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! barb

When positioned correctly, there is ample room between the red barb and the actual hanger bar. You'll notice how much of the hanger bar is poking out to the right of the hanger. This is incorrect, and should resemble what's below, allowing ample space between the hanger barb and the hanger bars, preventing any contact being made.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! img-5185-

Last edited:

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
Wow !! Sorry for your guys luck. My exhaust went together with no issues other than one of the accu-seal clamps stripping out. I haven't had any rattles with mine. This was my first time with a pre-fabbed, slip joint exhaust system. I thought it was a simple, straight forward install. Hope ya'll get your issues figured out.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow !! Sorry for your guys luck. My exhaust went together with no issues other than one of the accu-seal clamps stripping out. I haven't had any rattles with mine. This was my first time with a pre-fabbed, slip joint exhaust system. I thought it was a simple, straight forward install. Hope ya'll get your issues figured out.
Same here only adjusted it once but the car was still on jacks. I love the slip joints, excellent system.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AWE Touring installed. Super happy. Went on a canyon run immediately and enjoyed the new setup immensely. No drone when cruising. Boominess in the video was a result of cheap dashcam mic. It's not present in real life. You can still hear the exhaust with windows closed but not obnoxiously loud. Gained a little power too. Recommended! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
AWE Touring installed. Super happy. Went on a canyon run immediately and enjoyed the new setup immensely. No drone when cruising. Boominess in the video was a result of cheap dashcam mic. It's not present in real life. You can still hear the exhaust with windows closed but not obnoxiously loud. Gained a little power too. Recommended! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice! Glad you're happy -- I knew ya would be!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recorded a cold-start clip/sound of the AWE Touring exhaust.

soas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BRZ
Country flag
Exhaust note is really important to me. Took me half a year to decide on the setup on my BRZ as the platform was new at the time and new catbacks were coming out every month.

I don’t even own a CTR yet, but I have listened to almost every exhaust system available and sometimes multiple videos of the same system just in case.

I was previously looking into buying a B8.5 S4 and chose the AWE touring for that platform. Moved on from the Audi idea, but it’s a testament to how great AWE is at extracting a great sound - I’m really picky.

Read through this entire thread, too, lol. Once I get my CTR this will be one of my first mods.

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
Another sunny winter day above 50F. My son and I took a nice cruise in the Type R today. I've said it before, but I'm loving my Track edition exhaust. Don't know how to explain it. It's like its smoothing out. Great job AWE!!!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Yo dudes, especially those having exhaust fitment issues on these cars, please read and heed.

1> Every product on our site has DETAILED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. It is possible that the awesome shop that installed the system did not look at this when they installed it... if they did, see step 2. 99% of fitment issues are incorrect installation. That may or may not be true for you... and if multiple people are having the same problem, that's a red flag and we need to address it. Proceed to 2 >

2> If you are having any issues, your FIRST STOP IS HERE. This is our support form that goes right to the engineering and design team. They are going to ask for pictures and even a video if possible. The more information the better.

3> If you have filled out the form, and are not getting the love you deserve as a valued customer, DM, Email, or otherwise contact me. I can walk around the office and track down the situation... but I can't without the above happening first.

4> If you have gone through this quick process and your issue is resolved, please share the HOW of the resolution for the community to benefit from.

Let me know what else you need.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

Stock DP?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag